News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Special Teams and Personnel

Started by nicky1000, September 22, 2024, 09:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewsg and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

nicky1000

Think we should:

Learn from mistakes both from last season and this season. Eric Gray should NEVER return a punt or kickoff. Ever. Saw enough last year and yet they trot him out again.

Need to keep trying out kickers.

DragonSoul

Agreed, Gray is a hit or miss on returns, so better find another, can't have a 50/50. I like Devin, but he has to take a lesson from Tiki when near/in traffic.

And they better keep searching for a kicker, whether this new guy is it or not, better keep looking. 1 game lost because of no kicker can't play games with that.

coggs

When they got the ball after the D stopped the 4th down, I thought they had to get a first down.  Did not feel confident on the FGA with the new kicker.  The killer play was the 2nd down run when Singletary stupidly tried to bust it outside.

MightyGiants

I am not a fan of Gray, I would rather see Turbo.

I think Gray is where he is by virtue of the draft capital spent on him
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

With the exception of the kicker's woes and the fumble, didn't the Special Teams play execute well? If the starters were healthy, I would say it's pretty good.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

How long is Gunner the gunner out for?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on Today at 07:46:54 AMI am not a fan of Gray, I would rather see Turbo.

Which is the worst possible reason. Especially for a fifth rounder.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Stringer Bell

Quote from: AZGiantFan on Today at 09:13:19 AMWhich is the worst possible reason. Especially for a fifth rounder.

Which is why we shouldn't take one fan's take on things as gospel. There are a dozen other reasons why he's there that make more sense than "draft capital".

MrGap92

Gray played very well in PS and earned the roster spot.

But he should NOT ever be returning kicks, aside from the fumble and mishaps, he also is not the fastest of RBs

kingm56

Quote from: MightyGiants on Today at 07:46:54 AMI am not a fan of Gray, I would rather see Turbo.

Same, Rich; he has better twitch and speed than Grey...I'd like to see him used more in the passing game too.