News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PFF Heroes and Goats the Browns game

Started by MightyGiants, Today at 01:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stringer Bell, Ed Vette and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

MightyGiants

OFFENSE

Heroes (75 or better)

Malik Nabers

Goats (below 50)

Daniel Jones
Chris Manhertz
Jermaine Eluemunor
Andrew Thomas
Jon Runyan

DEFENSE

Heroes

Brian Burns (elite)
Dexter Lawerence (elite)
Elijah Chatman (elite)
Micah McFadden
Jason Pinnock
D.J. Davidson

Goats

Deonte Banks
Isaiah Simmons
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

H-Town G-Fan

Thanks, Rich.

Feels good to see Chatman on this list.

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on Today at 01:15:06 PMDEFENSE

Goats

Deonte Banks
Isaiah Simmons

Two reasons why I'm not looking forward to Thursday's game. The other two: (a) so many DB injuries; and (b) I don't have Amazon Prime.  =))  =))  =)) Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

VanPelt

I think that is pretty rough on Thomas and Banks.

Thomas was put on an island against Myles Garrett, not many teams would do that. Yes he did get beat a few times, but to me thats more impressive than stonewalling a low-end starter (which I assume would rank higher on PFF).

Banks is the same, we have him on the other teams top receiver every week and he plays well.

MightyGiants

Quote from: VanPelt on Today at 01:33:21 PMI think that is pretty rough on Thomas and Banks.

Thomas was put on an island against Myles Garrett, not many teams would do that. Yes he did get beat a few times, but to me thats more impressive than stonewalling a low-end starter (which I assume would rank higher on PFF).

Banks is the same, we have him on the other teams top receiver every week and he plays well.

On 42 pass snaps, Thomas gave up 3 hits and 5 hurries
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: VanPelt on Today at 01:33:21 PMI think that is pretty rough on Thomas and Banks.

VanP: What you said is more important than the grades, IMO. Bob

MightyGiants

One flaw with PFF is they don't account (where appropriate) for level of competition faced
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

gregf

Rich, if able, can you post starting O lineman season grades?  Except AT, we typically had 2 close to 50 and 2 close to 40last year.  It appears 2 of Schoens goals, upgrade the O line and add a dynamic WR are bearing fruit

Sem

MightyGiants

Quote from: Sem on Today at 02:31:30 PMAnd 0 sacks?

Yes, according to PFF.

According to the game log the Jones was only sacked twice and Garrett wasn't among those credited
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on Today at 02:34:21 PMYes, according to PFF.

According to the game log the Jones was only sacked twice and Garrett wasn't among those credited

Rich: Browns failure to put Garrett over the RT (even for just a play or two) was a missed opportunity. Bob

Sem

Quote from: MightyGiants on Today at 02:34:21 PMYes, according to PFF.

Thanks for confirming what I thought, Rich. Like mentioned above, it's a shame PFF doesn't take into account the skill level of who players are matched up against. Thomas holding one of the league's best pass rushers, who is also one of the league's best defenders, without a sack is a major win as far as I'm concerned. And he should be graded appropriately.

uconnjack8

Strange to see Thomas in that goat group.  Seeing the DL in the heroes meets the eye test.  Really nice to see Lawrence joined by Burns, Davidson and Chatman. 

Davidson was a guy that I thought flashed some potential last year and hadn't looked good in games 1 and 2.  Nice to see a rebound. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: gregf on Today at 02:30:58 PMRich, if able, can you post starting O lineman season grades?  Except AT, we typically had 2 close to 50 and 2 close to 40last year.  It appears 2 of Schoens goals, upgrade the O line and add a dynamic WR are bearing fruit

Thomas- 67.8
Runyan- 54.6
JMS- 63.9
Van Roten- 50.9
Eluemunor- 54.3
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

gregf

Quote from: MightyGiants on Today at 03:07:30 PMThomas- 67.8
Runyan- 54.6
JMS- 63.9
Van Roten- 50.9
Eluemunor- 54.3

Thanks Rich. A sigh of relief to see JMS improving.  The rebuild is not done, but super happy with average for now