News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The difference an elite receiver makes for a QB

Started by MightyGiants, September 23, 2024, 01:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Rich: The sole reason Giants got away with a "blitz-happy" approach Sunday was the absence of a truly elite NFL WR on the Browns. Don't get me wrong... Cooper is really good and I'd be happy to have him on Giants, but IMO he is not truly elite. Also, Browns' overall WR corps is not even as good as ours, IMO. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

The value of what's in the tweet immediately before this post cannot be overstated. Bob

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on September 23, 2024, 02:04:21 PMThe value of what's in the tweet immediately before this post cannot be overstated. Bob

Bob,

Off the top of my head (aka no research), I think most QBs that produce well tend to have at least one elite-level(or a couple of high-level) receiver he can throw to.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 23, 2024, 02:06:46 PMBob,

Off the top of my head (aka no research), I think most QBs that produce well tend to have at least one elite-level(or a couple of high-level) receiver he can throw to.

Rich: Don't bother looking. We both know even if you're wrong, any exceptions to the rule will have another feature that arguably can be substituted for not have a truly elite WR. Three examples: (1) having the best OL in the NFL; (2) two Amari Cooper level WR's; (3) one Cooper & a similarly-talented TE. Bob