News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Barkley Putting on a clinic so far

Started by Fletch, September 23, 2024, 03:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

Through 3 weeks of football; he has The most rushing TDs; the most rushing yards; The most TDs in general, #2 in yards from scrimmage. He recovered a Fumble. He also has the longest run as well.

Gmo11

Amazing what he can do behind an actual OL that isn't doing more to get in his way rather than open holes for him to hit.  Of course that's all well and good until he gets hurt.  Which is the biggest issue with him.  If he is healthy he's one of the best RB in football, if he's not...doesn't matter how good he is.

Fletch

Whatever, they don't need him there like they did here i.e. playing every game in order to give them even a remote possibility of wining. Just like they would just as soon rest McCaff for the playoffs / no hurry him back from injury. it  doesn't matter that much to the 9ers or Igles.

GloryDays

We have paid a heavy price for our inability to pick and develop O line talent. It effected our running game, our passing game, Jones, Barkley.. ultimately the losing seasons and tensions in different levels.

TONKA56

I remember so many comments about Barkley's lost breakaway speed. 

Trench

I'd point out he also dropped a pass which would have sealed a game which his team lost.

I'm very happy with Singletary. First fumble wasn't his fault but second one was. And he is showing to be better at short yardage than Barkley ever was in my opinion

DJN

150 yards more then Singletary, with 20 more carries...

Barkley would have never slid like Singletary did yesterday, because he's all about himself

TDToomer

Quote from: DJN on September 23, 2024, 04:36:29 PM150 yards more then Singletary, with 20 more carries...

Barkley would have never slid like Singletary did yesterday, because he's all about himself

That is an outrageous statement to make.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MrGap92

Quote from: DJN on September 23, 2024, 04:36:29 PM150 yards more then Singletary, with 20 more carries...

Didn't Barkley do the same thing once or twice?

VanPelt

Barkley was a team guy, in fact a team leader. Players followed him more than DJ. He has slid in the past, stayed in bounds to kill the clock, and also screwed up trying to do the smart thing.

kartanoman

He was the difference on offense, but it was quite surprising how the Iggles' defense completely shut down the Saints' defense.

Considering Philadelphia's receivers are hurting right now, Barkley is carrying the load and doing well right now. It will be interesting to see if he and their offense can continue to carry the load while their receivers recover.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

gregf

I wish him nothing but the best.  I wanted to franchise DJ and sign Barkley 2 years ago.  Currently, it works best for Barkley, his new team, and the Giants. 

Jclayton92

Good for him, Mckinney is also thriving but we aren't talking about him every weekend.

Guy played here, now he doesn't. Every team that has always spent on a veteran elite back, never made it to the end of the contract happy.

Every weekend it's Jones or Barkley, can we just focus on the young guys playing well.

TONKA56

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 23, 2024, 07:01:16 PMGood for him, Mckinney is also thriving but we aren't talking about him every weekend.

Guy played here, now he doesn't. Every team that has always spent on a veteran elite back, never made it to the end of the contract happy.

Every weekend it's Jones or Barkley, can we just focus on the young guys playing well.

Because no matter how much folks try to attach Barkley's name to the failure of the much maligned Gettleman, it remains that Barkley the man was much beloved as a Giant. Just an ugly, mishandled mess courtesy of an incompetent organization.