News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Trevor Lawerence vs Daniel Jones

Started by MightyGiants, September 24, 2024, 12:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Fletch

I  KNOW! With those receivers and that line -- Trev would have had like 3TDS nminimum and like 300 yards passing.

JT39

Quote from: Fletch on Today at 06:18:56 AMI  KNOW! With those receivers and that line -- Trev would have had like 3TDS nminimum and like 300 yards passing.

You mean the ones with Clayton and Robinson dropping key passes on third down? Those great WRs?

You know nothing.

Fletch

Quote from: JT39 on Today at 06:20:02 AMYou mean the ones with Clayton and Robinson dropping key passes on third down? Those great WRs?

You know nothing.

Dropping key passes on 3rd down?? THERE ARE NOW KEY PASSES ON THIRD DOWN OR ANY DOWN WHEN YOU HAVE A REAL QB WHO DOESN't NEED TRAINING WHEELS TO PUT SOME SEMBLANCE OF A DRIVE TOGETHER! Really watching Jones last night was like watching a convoy whose slowest ship--Jones -- is slowing everybody down. THe guy does not have starting QB skills.

And what makes you such an expert on everything man?? What did you play 6 snaps and warm a bench in high school

JT39

Just nonsense like usual.

If a WB puts the ball in the hands of WRs on 3rd down and the WR drops them - and you still blame the AB - well you're not here to discuss football.

Robinson's drop on 3rd down - he had nothing but green turf in front of him. Slaytons drop on 3rd down would have gotten us a first down at like the 5 yard line.

But it's always one persons fault. Usually when someone has an agenda to post.

Fletch

Ever since Evan Engram it has always been dropped passes. Ever since coach Garrett was here it has been play calling. That was a lifetime ago in NF: years and here we are saying the same old xxxx.

It is nornal to win games with a QB who didn't try tp throw it in the end zone in your view?

But right every time it is always dropped passes that would have meant x , y, and z.

The fact is you have such a small margin for error playing this kind of conservative offense that it becomes  nearly impossible to win since everything has to be perfect all the time. And you are playing that kind of offense because Jones showed you in game 1 what happens if you do not. Coach Garret saw that and so did Shoen

JT39

You're right - when you have such a small error... your WRs should make simple plays.

Thanks for making my point. Nabers against Washington, slayton and Robinson last night.

When you blame a QB for dropped passes - maybe it's time to start reconsidering what you actually post.

Fletch

Quote from: JT39 on Today at 06:38:36 AMYou're right - when you have such a small error... your WRs should make simple plays.

Thanks for making my point. Nabers against Washington, slayton and Robinson last night.

When you blame a QB for dropped passes - maybe it's time to start reconsidering what you actually post.

I am not blaming a QB for dropped passes. You're really putting this on Nabers? I have not seen anything like this guy since when OBJ got drafted. Without his 12 catches for 115 yards this would have been a

Yea I have an agenda alright . I want the Giants to be good and for footbal to be fun again. It is rather tricky to accomplish when you pay a back up QB 40 nil a year in a caped league that is the most important position in football.

You have a small margin for error and a coservative offense because Daniel Jones is your QB. That is the point. So everybody else has to be perfect and can't drop a pass when they caught 13 passes for 115 yards ? That is totally fair and reasonable / no agenda there at all

JT39

Where did I blame nabers? I said when WRs don't catch the ball - it's stupid to blame the QB.

Fletch

Top 10 players in dropped passes in 2023 include Travis Kelce, Ty Hill, P Nacua but, yeah  ok, it is all of these dropped passes that are to blame...

Woody

Trevor Lawerence is on verge of being benched . Enough said

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JT39

Quote from: Fletch on Today at 07:02:13 AMTop 10 players in dropped passes in 2023 include Travis Kelce, Ty Hill, P Nacua but, yeah  ok, it is all of these dropped passes that are to blame...

You're right it's Jones fault when a player drops a pass. Especially on 3rd and 4th down..

Fletch

Quote from: JT39 on Today at 07:11:32 AMYou're right it's Jones fault when a player drops a pass. Especially on 3rd and 4th down..

Stop putting words in my mouth, That is not what I said.

JT39

Quote from: Fletch on Today at 07:13:11 AMStop putting words in my mouth, That is not what I said.

But you're excusing them and putting the blame on Jones. When Jones messes up - he deserves 100% of the blame.

When the WRs mess up - they deserve 100% of the blame.

MightyGiants

Quote from: AYM on September 26, 2024, 11:55:03 PMRetire this topic. We would've crushed Dallas tonight if Lawrence were the QB.

How, did he become a running back?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE