News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What has happened to the QB sneak?

Started by LennG, September 24, 2024, 06:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Yes, I know Philly does it to perfection, but in watching more and more games, maybe the coaches see things or are just trying to be overly cute and forget this simple play. I think it was in the KC/Atlanta game, but if that was the game, the Falcons had 4th and less than a foot, and they handed off to a RB to go wide and he was tackled for a 3-yard loss, end of game. Maybe it's me, but I sort of pine for the days of the QB, under center, taking the snap and trying to leap over the linemen for a 1st down. I don't know when was the last time I saw this.

Also, having the QB under center also seems to be getting to be a thing of the past.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

coggs

I have heard many announcers say coaches fear QB's getting hurt on the play.

bamagiantfan

This whole season has just started out weird. I think the QB sneak is still there, as Cinci and Jax showed last night.

TEs are a different story. Only 12 TEs have over 100 yards for the season and they have a whopping 4 TDs between them. In the BBH fantasy league some of us play in, 17 TEs have finished in the top 6 in points in a  week over the first 3 weeks. Only Brock Bowers has appeared in that list twice (Week 1 and Week 2). Kelce, LaPorta, and Andrews haven't been in it once yet. It is a dart throw. Teams are not just not using the TE unless they have to, like Philadelphia after both their starting receivers were hurt.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

ozzie

Quote from: coggs on September 24, 2024, 07:29:29 PMI have heard many announcers say coaches fear QB's getting hurt on the play.
I think this is the main reason. Look at Dallas, they made Prescott the highest paid player in NFL History ( :sick: ), I think teams are afraid of losing their investment. If you're playing with a back up QB your chances of winning go way down in most cases.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara