News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Rookie TE Theo Johnson

Started by MightyGiants, Today at 08:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

They obviously see potential there. He's taken 48% of the total TE Snaps in the last two games.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: Ed Vette on Today at 08:12:56 AMThey obviously see potential there. He's taken 48% of the total TE Snaps in the last two games.
He's had balanced responsibilities too. About 50/50 Pass to Block. Which is great.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Ultimately, I'm virtually "all-in" and believe the pro game will not prove to be "too big" for him.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

WheresDayne

Prediction:  He breaks out against Dallas and gets on the national spotlight radar.   :yes:

Gmo11

It's gonna be tough for him to get a lot of targets when Nabers is getting a dozen per game (and rightfully so) and then Wandale gets his share and then Slayton/Hyatt also in the mix.  He's the 4th option at best on most plays and we all know it's a rare occurrence to even get to option 2 these days let alone option 4.  I do think he has a lot of potential and I did like him coming out of school as one of my favorite mid-round TE's but I'm not sure we're gonna see much of a true breakout this season unless there's injuries.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Gmo11 on Today at 10:10:18 AMIt's gonna be tough for him to get a lot of targets when Nabers is getting a dozen per game (and rightfully so) and then Wandale gets his share and then Slayton/Hyatt also in the mix.  He's the 4th option at best on most plays and we all know it's a rare occurrence to even get to option 2 these days let alone option 4.  I do think he has a lot of potential and I did like him coming out of school as one of my favorite mid-round TE's but I'm not sure we're gonna see much of a true breakout this season unless there's injuries.

Gm: Some defenses are designed to take away throws to the WR's & force QB's to throw to TE's & RB's. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Gmo11

Quote from: Bob In PA on Today at 10:51:28 AMGm: Some defenses are designed to take away throws to the WR's & force QB's to throw to TE's & RB's. Bob

And we definitely have a QB capable of recognizing that pre-snap and knowing juuuust where to go with the football.