News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

You picked a fine time to hit us, Helene

Started by squibber, September 26, 2024, 05:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squibber

I am vacationing on Longboat Key, Florida. We had to evacuate yesterday because of probable flooding.

We knew it was a gamble to vacation in Florida this time of year but we like the smaller crowds and the lower lodging costs. No biggie as we had 14 good days.

Luckily our future in-laws offered us their condo in Ave Maria which is west of Naples and 2 and a half hours south of Longboat Key. The winds are strong but not enough to rip roofs off and I doubt it will flood here. Not much to do so I am bored thus why I am posting this. Luckily I can watch tonight's game.

Ave Maria is an interesting planned community. It is a Catholic gated planned community of about 6,500 residents. There is a Catholic college here called Ave Maria University. They have a football team called the Gyrenes. I heard the offense only has one play. It's called the Hail Mary Pass. Haha! I made that joke up.

Ed Vette

We got evacuated out of Key West one year, same time. We were down for our Birthdays. Flights full so we rented a car and drove to MyJammy.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Stay safe Squib, you never know with these things.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss