News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Cowboys game thread

Started by MightyGiants, September 26, 2024, 07:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H-Town G-Fan

Complaining about playcalling when you've got a one read QB who can't make a competitive throw 20+ yards downfield (unless wide open) seems backwards to me.

sooners56

Quote from: madbadger on September 26, 2024, 11:15:27 PMHe's was the best player on the field for either team tonight. Find another scapegoat.

I agree he was the best player on the field, but that doesn't change the fact that Nabors has 2 dropped passes on 4th down that could have changed the outcomes of the game. Kid is elite but I assure you those drops will haunt him because even he knows what they meant.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Giant Obsession

Quote from: jeremy2020 on September 26, 2024, 11:13:16 PMDaboll is truly an offensive, genius.

He is when Josh Allen is his QB.

Outside of that I think he is Joe Shoen's brother in law.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Trench

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 26, 2024, 11:42:06 PMDJs arm has diminished over time. No Zip and he lost his deep pass. So if he's not perfectly set up the ball wanders. He's Underthrown at least a half doesn't passes this year probably more Where receivers were open or could've made a catch. you don't see Jalin Hyatt because he could never hit him in stride. statistically he had a great game, but this was a winnable game and it's not just on him. There were several drop passes too, and his protection broke down and they couldn't run the ball because they got manhandled at the line. Although Barkley Surely would've helped.

Ed,
I'm no guru...just a passionate fan and boy does tonight hurt!...I feel like something was different and I went back and looked but before that:

...we had a chance here for first time in along time. I rooted like hell for Jones. I did. The poor guy just can't do it. And that's ok. He's a good kid and works hard. We have to move on after this year or next (if nobody is available this year)...

What I noticed with jones on the deep balm is he seems to really be "stepping" his lead foot to the left and throwing from an open position and not closed position in a strong way. Maybe it's nothing but he seems to be stepping in the bucket so to speak

uconnjack8

This team has improved from last year but they are not "good".

The offense kicks FGs because they make mistakes that kill drives.  The penalties, the drops and the misses on the deep throws.

Nabers would have scored if the ball in the 1st half led him. 

That's just one of too many plays left on the field.

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: uconnjack8 on Today at 01:35:09 AMThis team has improved from last year but they are not "good".

The offense kicks FGs because they make mistakes that kill drives.  The penalties, the drops and the misses on the deep throws.

Nabers would have scored if the ball in the 1st half led him. 

That's just one of too many plays left on the field.

One of the big problems when you can only dink and dunk and need 10+ plays to score is that you're demanding continual perfection (not to mention the limitations of such an speech make virtually every catch competitive). You're bound to encounter more drops, more errors, more missteps. And that's not even controlling for the actual personnel. Chunk plays correlate extremely highly with scoring for a reason and it's why teams desperately scheme to make them happen. But the Giants can't even threaten them right now, much less execute them, which is a sad state of affairs.