News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Cowboys game thread

Started by MightyGiants, September 26, 2024, 07:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkavage

These short weeks are brutal for injuries. Hate.

Philosophers

Brian Daboll = Mike McCarthy

Average at best

todge

This new OL has improved in pass blocking. But they were dominated at the LOS by Dallas and stifled the running game. Can't win many games without a run game. 1.1 yards per carry and 26 total run yards is pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeremy2020

Daboll is truly an offensive, genius.

katkavage

sooners56

That's 2 critical drops by Nabors that could have extended drives and possibly get the victory.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Woody

Play calling in red zone is not good.....dabble has to get more creative down there....i will say it again ...they need a good TE to go with Nabors and Robinson.   A real third option

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Messiah717

Jones missed throws

Receivers dropped key passes

The defense gave them an excellent opportunity to win

This coach is garbage

Trench

Jones to be fair played ok but he's not a winning QB. 2 weeks in a row where he was absolutely abysmal in the second half. Abysmal. I'm sorry to say it I really am. A good QB wins this game.

What happened when he went to Theo over the middle tonight?...completed pass is what happened. What happened when he did 2 really nice screen plays tonight - great gains. Yet we don't do it again. Daboll keeps running the ball. He really sucks. Bad...and jones cannot throw a deep ball to save his life. It's either too deep or his recievers are stopping to wait for it.

Jones is done. He's a backup. We all tried. All the jones guys I can't wait to hear from you.

Al Davis said just win baby. He can't

madbadger

Quote from: sooners56 on September 26, 2024, 11:13:47 PMThat's 2 critical drops by Nabors that could have extended drives and possibly get the victory.

He's was the best player on the field for either team tonight. Find another scapegoat.

MagicRat

Quote from: todge on September 26, 2024, 11:13:00 PMThis new OL has improved in pass blocking. But they were dominated at the LOS by Dallas and stifled the running game. Can't win many games without a run game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep.
You can't argue with the pass-pro but we've stunk it up on the ground.
Like the second half last week  we couldn't establish the run enough to keep them honest.
Smell my cheese you mother!

kingm56

Quote from: killarich on September 26, 2024, 11:11:18 PMBro today is not the game to hate on JOnes.. that is silly

DJ missed 2 protentional long TD passes today; the Cowboys hit their 55 yard TD, which is the difference right now.  Jones was very efficient tonight; however, to win in the NFL, you need more than efficient from your QB.  To be clear, he didn't play a bad game, but he didn't do enough to win.  Dak did, playing with a decimated line and no running game.  See the difference?  And DJ still has a chance...

files58

For those of us that were around during the misreable 70's tonight reminds me of many games during that time when they just didn't make enough plays to win, and it's the little things. Back then having the optimism of a teenager moral victories meant maybe some hope. Now, the ONLY thing that matters is winning, anyway possible.

MagicRat

Smell my cheese you mother!

killarich

Quote from: Trench on September 26, 2024, 11:15:21 PMJones to be fair played ok but he's not a winning QB. 2 weeks in a row where he was absolutely abysmal in the second half. Abysmal. I'm sorry to say it I really am. A good QB wins this game.

What happened when he went to Theo over the middle tonight?...completed pass is what happened. What happened when he did 2 really nice screen plays tonight - great gains. Yet we don't do it again. Daboll keeps running the ball. He really sucks. Bad...and jones cannot throw a deep ball to save his life. It's either too deep or his recievers are stopping to wait for it.

Jones is done. He's a backup. We all tried. All the jones guys I can't wait to hear from you.

Al Davis said just win baby. He can't

And what happened with Theo... he stumbled on his own feet