News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

24 carries for 26 yards

Started by JT39, September 26, 2024, 11:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

JT39

I am very proud of Daboll for sticking to his guns.

UKGiantsFan

Someone needs to remind Daboll of Giants history and'Club 13'

Trench

todge

... is not going to win very many football games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H-Town G-Fan

Hmmmm... I wonder if Dallas was set to stop the run because they have absolutely no fear of getting beat deep? And they know they can break on a route because DJ tells them where he's going with his eyes? Nope. Definitely not inter-related.

Daboll knows he has to get Jones in 3rd and manageable situations. Majority of Jones throws are like 5 yards or less. This is the Daniel Jones-led of 2022 offense people clamored for. It's smoke and mirrors. And now Jones isn't the same running threat so it's showing how pitiful it really is.

JT39

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on Today at 12:32:44 AMHmmmm... I wonder if Dallas was set to stop the run because they have absolutely no fear of getting beat deep? And they know they can break on a route because DJ tells them where he's going with his eyes? Nope. Definitely not inter-related.

Daboll knows he has to get Jones in 3rd and manageable situations. Majority of Jones throws are like 5 yards or less. This is the Daniel Jones-led of 2022 offense people clamored for. It's smoke and mirrors. And now Jones isn't the same running threat so it's showing how pitiful it really is.

The giants moved the ball at will with the short passing game and intermediate routes. They scored 5 of the 7 possessions.

Problem is Daboll coach scared in Dallas territory and wasted too many down with meaningless run plays

Ed Vette

You can't abandon the Run. The Line has to do a better job of winning. This isn't Patrick Mahomes we have here. If you don't run the ball, they will Blitz Jones and we all know how that ends.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

It's amazing but not unexpected that some would try to blame Daniel Jones for the Giant's anemic rushing game.

Until the Cowboys faced the Giants, they couldn't stop the run to save their lives.  That is an issue, and no amount of animosity toward Jones can negate that fact
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jgrangers2

Quote from: Ed Vette on Today at 07:00:21 AMYou can't abandon the Run. The Line has to do a better job of winning. This isn't Patrick Mahomes we have here. If you don't run the ball, they will Blitz Jones and we all know how that ends.

I think people need to get away from this idea that you HAVE to run. Sometimes, you simply don't, especially when you're clearly not going anywhere with it. The giants wasted too many downs running into a brick wall. As others have mentioned, the short to intermediate passing game was there all day. The runs on 2nd down inside the 10 and on the last drive were complete wastes.

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on Today at 07:28:20 AMIt's amazing but not unexpected that some would try to blame Daniel Jones for the Giant's anemic rushing game.

Until the Cowboys faced the Giants, they couldn't stop the run to save their lives.  That is an issue, and no amount of animosity toward Jones can negate that fact
If you are a defensive coordinator, what's your game plan for stopping the Giants offense?
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: MightyGiants on Today at 07:28:20 AMIt's amazing but not unexpected that some would try to blame Daniel Jones for the Giant's anemic rushing game.

You can feel free to say my name.

By the way, this you?

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 19, 2024, 12:33:21 PMI think Daboll is looking to push the ball down field to loosen up the defense (push them off the LOS) which should help the run game and the underneath passing

I guess this is an inconvenient position now since Jones has shown himself incapable of making competitive throws past 20 yards.

MightyGiants

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on Today at 08:12:01 AMYou can feel free to say my name.

By the way, this you?

I guess this is an inconvenient position now since Jones has shown himself incapable of making competitive throws past 20 yards.

Nice try, but not quite the same thing.  Look, I get it.  To your eyes, Jones is the reason the Giants have been bad (outside of 2022, when the Giants got to the playoffs and won a game DESPITE Jones) since he was drafted.  Everything is his fault, from the bad roster to the questionable coaching decisions, to the coaching staff turnovers, to the disappointing draft picks.  That's all on Daniel Jones.

Funny how people not trying to blame Jones from all the Giants problems have noted that all the NFL QBs are struggling with the deep passing game as teams are going to 2 high safety looks that minimize the deep passing
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

B1GBLUE

Quote from: jgrangers2 on Today at 08:04:37 AMI think people need to get away from this idea that you HAVE to run. Sometimes, you simply don't, especially when you're clearly not going anywhere with it. The giants wasted too many downs running into a brick wall. As others have mentioned, the short to intermediate passing game was there all day. The runs on 2nd down inside the 10 and on the last drive were complete wastes.

if you're going to do it, at least get creative. we literally just ran it right up the gut.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Messiah717

Singletary looked like a guy who had no interest in playing last night.  Seemed like he was running in quicksand.  Hesitating every time he got the ball.