News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

At the quarter (roughly) of the season revisiting some of the PS indicators

Started by MightyGiants, September 30, 2024, 09:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TDToomer

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 01, 2024, 10:10:02 AMTim,

Seriously, you encouraged TDToomer's dishonest personal attacks by your own attacks.  I treat everyone here with respect, but you make sure that it's a one-way street if they want.  Thankfully, there are only a handful of posters that take advantage of the free shots you offer them.

Thick skin huh? You seem to always be fighting with the mods and blame everyone else when it happens.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on October 01, 2024, 11:39:35 AMThick skin huh? You seem to always be fighting with the mods and blame everyone else when it happens.

Just because Tim lets you troll the forum and freely hurl dishonest insults doesn't mean it doesn't hurt the forum.  Instead of being a troll and attacking the one person, Tim allows you to, why not be a positive contributor?  Why not make the forum a better place by your being here?   Just because you are allowed to break the rules (by Tim) doesn't mean it's good or proper.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Leek21

I agree with most of what you said but I disagree with this:
"CB Banks is not progressing as hoped-  Banks is not progressing into the number one CB we were hoping for."

Banks is progressing into a real #1 CB.  He is a very good player.

Trench

Quote from: B1GBLUE on October 01, 2024, 11:36:03 AMIs there film of them being wide open in the middle of the field?

All 22 shows it. And I've seen it watching replays. I've also seen Jones doesn't SEE it because he locked on.

The fact people here refuse to acknowledge these facts along with the eye test during the 1st 4 games is absolutely astonishing because this board is made up of excellent fans who see things.

I have to admit fellas - why is there always an excuse in defense of Jones, but rarely is anything "because" of Jones?

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 01, 2024, 11:45:28 AMJust because Tim lets you troll the forum and freely hurl dishonest insults doesn't mean it doesn't hurt the forum.  Instead of being a troll and attacking the one person, Tim allows you to, why not be a positive contributor?  Why not make the forum a better place by your being here?   Just because you are allowed to break the rules (by Tim) doesn't mean it's good or proper.
You're really going all-in on this, huh Rich? Seriously?!?  :boooo:  :boooo:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 01, 2024, 11:39:16 AMWhen DJ throws to Nabers, his passer rating is 110.4

When he throws to Theo Johnson (who does the bulk of the TE receiving plays), he has a passer rating of 59.8

I have a hard time faulting DJ's choices

These stats are misleading. The % would likely be way up if he tries throwing to them with any semblance of consistency, gaining confidence and rhythm. Look how good Engram plays after he left us!

Jones is targeting Nabers so much that his body has already taken too much a pounding to the point where he had a concussion. Defenders are licking their chops in anticipation. That is Jones fault. Announcers even say it. He MUST spread the ball out if even to give Nabers a blow. And WanDale is having a poor season ultimately because already so many routes have been short of the marker

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on October 01, 2024, 12:05:19 PMYou're really going all-in on this, huh Rich? Seriously?!?  :boooo:  :boooo:

Maybe if you didn't let Len accuse me of being this irrational fan who only spins things to support Daniel Jones...  Maybe if you didn't let long-time troublemaker TDToomer make false and misleading accusations about me to pile on...  Maybe if you didn't falsely accuse me of hypocrisy when I said that if I turned around Len's comment at him, I would be guilty of being intellectually dishonest...

It's funny in training camp; they are very knowledgeable Giants content creators, and they respect me and my knowledge of football and the Giants.  Here, with your encouragement, I am treated like crap, and I am called and treated like an irrational fan who knows nothing about football or the Giants.   It's quite the bizarro world you have created for me here on a forum that is supposed to be about respectful, quality football talk.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

Please can you take this to DM or report the offending posts.

This nonsense is clogging up what was an interesting thread.

:surrender:

Trench

If we are looking to do away with personal attacks then why do you have to call TDToomer a "long time troublemaker"????

I just don't get that.

We all have our moments where we take some heat but I can unequivocally say almost everyone here gives as much as he takes. Isn't that ok?

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 01, 2024, 12:21:53 PMMaybe if you didn't let Len accuse me of being this irrational fan who only spins things to support Daniel Jones...  Maybe if you didn't let long-time troublemaker TDToomer make false and misleading accusations about me to pile on...  Maybe if you didn't falsely accuse me of hypocrisy when I said that if I turned around Len's comment at him, I would be guilty of being intellectually dishonest...

It's funny in training camp; they are very knowledgeable Giants content creators, and they respect me and my knowledge of football and the Giants.  Here, with your encouragement, I am treated like crap, and I am called and treated like an irrational fan who knows nothing about football or the Giants.   It's quite the bizarro world you have created for me here on a forum that is supposed to be about respectful, quality football talk.
You are hardly the victim.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on October 01, 2024, 12:27:38 PMIf we are looking to do away with personal attacks then why do you have to call TDToomer a "long time troublemaker"????

I just don't get that.

We all have our moments where we take some heat but I can unequivocally say almost everyone here gives as much as he takes. Isn't that ok?

You should be asking for why did TDToomer join in and launch an unprovoked personal attack.  Frankly, your comments only enable and encourage the bad behavior.  If TD Toomer wants a different reputation he should stop needless causing trouble.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on October 01, 2024, 12:31:39 PMYou are hardly the victim.

So you keep trying to gaslight me into believing.  The issue was done and dealt with until you felt the need to call me out and encourage various bad actors to pile on.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 01, 2024, 12:36:34 PMSo you keep trying to gaslight me into believing.  The issue was done and dealt with until you felt the need to call me out and encourage various bad actors to pile on.
=))  =))  =))

:ok:

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on October 01, 2024, 01:09:50 PM=))  =))  =))

:ok:

I am not even going to waste my time responding to this.   I will give you a measure of satisfaction, though.  Your attacks and the attacks you allowed/encouraged did detract from my enjoyment of posting today.  So enjoy

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Leek21 on October 01, 2024, 11:54:03 AMI agree with most of what you said but I disagree with this:
"CB Banks is not progressing as hoped-  Banks is not progressing into the number one CB we were hoping for."

Banks is progressing into a real #1 CB.  He is a very good player.

https://x.com/realmaceblack/status/1841118232482132101
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE