News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Can we finally agree?

Started by Trench, October 13, 2024, 11:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

Daniel Jones is a good person, a good Giant. Team guy.

Can we all agree once and for all that he is NOT the QB of our future?

His performance tonight on the national stage was abysmal and he did nothing to propel his team. This man hasn't thrown a TD pass at home in 2 years, cannot extend a drive at home, and is now 1-15 on national tv.

To all my Jones fans, I respectfully ask have we finally seen enough?

MrGap92

Agreed, he is not the guy, never was, never will be

Trench

He left SO many plays out on the field tonight

T200

We are not going to agree and we shouldn't be expected to.

The debates will continue until he's gone.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: T200 on October 13, 2024, 11:14:38 PMWe are not going to agree and we shouldn't be expected to.

Oh, even once he's gone it'll be the story that the Giants ruined Daniel Jones (cue Mara quote endlessly)... You know, the 0-star high school recruit who played middling college ball at Duke.

T200

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on October 13, 2024, 11:16:47 PMOh, even once he's gone it'll be the story that the Giants ruined Daniel Jones (cue Mara quote endlessly)... You know, the 0-star high school recruit who played middling college ball at Duke.
I know... I was waiting until we got to the bridge.

Trench

Quote from: T200 on October 13, 2024, 11:14:38 PMWe are not going to agree and we shouldn't be expected to.

I disagree. We have very smart fans here. I can't believe anyone is going to support the idea this man is our future. If I'm wrong, I sincerely want to hear debate about "why".

Messiah717

Jones has absolutely laughable yearly stats but there will always be a few trying to a thread to hold onto.

T200

Quote from: Trench on October 13, 2024, 11:18:40 PMI disagree. We have very smart fans here. I can't believe anyone is going to support the idea this man is our future. If I'm wrong, I sincerely want to hear debate about "why".
Look at thr title of your thread. Intelligence is not a factor. We've been doing these threads since 2019.

All the answers have already been posted throughout the years. They won't change because there's a new thread asking again.

Trench

Quote from: T200 on October 13, 2024, 11:20:53 PMLook at thr title of your thread. Intelligence is not a factor. We've been doing these threads since 2019.

All the answers have already been posted throughout the years. They won't change because there's a new thread asking again.

Agreed - but the more we lose, the more I feel it becomes magnified.

This QB, I sincerely feel for the man. I watch rookies all day today see the field and execute simple passes with ease which our guy can't do. My wife who doesn't know football remarked to me after a screen by Jones, "why did he make it so hard for him to catch that ball - nobody was around him!"

MagicRat

Whatever Jones ceiling was coming out of the draft, whatever culpability lies with the team for where he's at now, the fact remains he's not the future.
If we persist with him beyond this season, we're hoping for a Flacco/Foles type anomalous season that leads to a mad run in January.I don't see that happening.
Smell my cheese you mother!

Fletch

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on October 13, 2024, 11:16:47 PMOh, even once he's gone it'll be the story that the Giants ruined Daniel Jones (cue Mara quote endlessly)... You know, the 0-star high school recruit who played middling college ball at Duke.

This. I mean there are still people who say McAdoo was right about benching Eli and playing Geno Smith and he wanted Mahomes so he knew what he was talking about,

Meanwhile 2 NFL  lifetimes have passed since then. Geno is turning back into a pumpkin at midnight at age 32 or whatever; and the QB(s) he benched in NC to start PJ Walker are throwing top 5 stats

VanPelt

WE would have won last night with almost any other QB in the league, including the rookie QBS. Drake Maye, vs Houston who is much better than Cincy, in his first start with no WRs of note, threw for 3 TDS, 250 yds, and 60% completions. Jones in a huge game, at home, vs a crappy D, in his 6th year, goes for 53% completions, a whopping 205 yds (most of which were given by the D playing back), 0 TDs, and a horrible horrible Int that likely cost us the game.

4 Aces

Absolutely.

I've held out, and due to his size, speed, attitude, work ethic and toughness was willing to give him a chance with a stabilized supporting cast. I also had a soft spot due to the HORRIFIC circumstances he's played in here. I do think people deserve things sometimes and I felt DJ deserved a fair shot.

I'm done. He cannot do it.

files58

I really would like to see what Daboll can do with a QB that has ad hoc/creative ability. I watched Daniels yesterday and he already with his 6 NFL games experience is a better QB than Jones and his 6 years of experience.