News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daniel Jones

Started by Trench, October 08, 2023, 05:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

I don't frequent other message boards but I'm curious if other fan sites have this much bickering over their players.

We're all fans of the same team yet the infighting is off the charts. I cram to understand.  :ok:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Trench

Quote from: T200 on October 09, 2023, 10:17:27 PMI don't frequent other message boards but I'm curious if other fan sites have this much bickering over their players.

We're all fans of the same team yet the infighting is off the charts. I cram to understand.  :ok:

Good point. My opinion and I could be wrong is some people here have a pretty thin skin and yearn to be proven right. I enjoy posts where people admit they were incorrect on a topic and subsequently own it. Those are the posters I tend to read more of for some reason. I believe there is a balance we can strike. But all this could simply be a result of a passionate fan base who invest a lot of time. Either way is ok as long as we remain courteous. Problem is sometimes a post is read in a different way than it was intended at the time it was written.

babywhales

Quote from: T200 on October 09, 2023, 10:17:27 PMI don't frequent other message boards but I'm curious if other fan sites have this much bickering over their players.

Omg yes

Just seeing the various Giants social media threads it's as bad if not worse

People are :
Hypersensitive
Desire to be first to declare something
Desire to be correct
Desire to label others as pro or anti
Too invested in their opinion proving correct 

Bad seasons always lead to this 

You wait Tim, If giants draft a QB wait until he sits his first year behind jones and wait for the fighting that occurs then

"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

True Blue

Quote from: Trench on October 09, 2023, 11:09:38 PMGood point. My opinion and I could be wrong is some people here have a pretty thin skin and yearn to be proven right. I enjoy posts where people admit they were incorrect on a topic and subsequently own it. Those are the posters I tend to read more of for some reason. I believe there is a balance we can strike. But all this could simply be a result of a passionate fan base who invest a lot of time. Either way is ok as long as we remain courteous. Problem is sometimes a post is read in a different way than it was intended at the time it was written.

Well said, I agree

T200

Quote from: babywhales on October 10, 2023, 09:06:37 AMOmg yes

People are :
Hypersensitive
Desire to be correct

You wait Tim, If giants draft a QB wait until he sits his first year behind jones and wait for the fighting that occurs then

:surrender:  :surrender:  :surrender:

Rambo89

Quote from: babywhales on October 10, 2023, 09:06:37 AMOmg yes

People are :
Hypersensitive
Desire to be correct

I have a feeling that those who have defended Jones and believe in him will be the ones who will be quick to get on that QB they draft if he doesn't hit the ground running.  You also will have others that have been critical of Jones that will be overly patient and defend the new guy.  It seems to be how the majority of fans regardless of the sport or team behave.  It's the rather be right than the team win attitude.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

MightyGiants

I see other message boards and social media.   Jones is a controversial topic, but no forum or social media platform has as much and such intense and repetitive criticism of the Giants starting QB, as the Big Blue Huddle.   Perhaps the strongest criticism for the team's starting QB is reserved for gameday threads which mostly just blaming Jones for the team's shortcomings.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

There's just as much bickering on Social Media as there is here over Jones.  It is actually more tame here than it is on Social Media.  But lets not ruin the narrative that is desired here that this board has the harshest Jones critics.

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 10, 2023, 09:28:24 AMI see other message boards and social media.   Jones is a controversial topic, but no forum or social media platform has as much and such intense and repetitive criticism of the Giants starting QB, as the Big Blue Huddle.   Perhaps the strongest criticism for the team's starting QB is reserved for gameday threads which mostly just blaming Jones for the team's shortcomings.
Intellectual dishonesty.

I'm generally in the game day threads. I can attest that that isn't true. Each and every player that messes up in a game is called out. It isn't just Jones.

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on October 10, 2023, 09:35:28 AMIntellectual dishonesty.

I'm generally in the game day threads. I can attest that that isn't true. Each and every player that messes up in a game is called out. It isn't just Jones.

Tim,

I must be on the wrong message board because that's not what I have seen on our game day thread.   Things are so bad on those threads that they have literally driven the owner of the forum off his own platform.

Nor am I the only poster complaining about all the severe criticism of Daniel Jones; there are many posters who share that view (there have even been posts calling out what I am talking about).  One poster was so disgusted by the constant criticism of Jones in the last game thread they posted sarcastically, "Jones fault," which was immediately reported by one frequent Jones critics.

So you have many people all complaining (I have shared some of the complaints I have received via PMs on the moderation board) about the excessive and repetitive criticism of Daniel Jones.   So, who is the one really being "intellectually dishonest"?  You or me?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 10, 2023, 09:44:21 AMTim,

I must be on the wrong message board because that's not what I have seen on our game day thread.   Things are so bad on those threads that they have literally driven the owner of the forum off his own platform.

Nor am I the only poster complaining about all the severe criticism of Daniel Jones; there are many posters who share that view (there have even been posts calling out what I am talking about).  One poster was so disgusted by the constant criticism of Jones in the last game thread they posted sarcastically, "Jones fault," which was immediately reported by one frequent Jones critics.

So you have many people all complaining (I have shared some of the complaints I have received via PMs on the moderation board) about the excessive and repetitive criticism of Daniel Jones.   So, who is the one really being "intellectually dishonest"?  You or me?
I bolded your statement that I responded to. You said the game day threads are "mostly just blaming Jones..." That is the dishonest part.

Yes, Rich, you have shared that you've received multiple PMs from different posters regarding the CONSTANT criticism of Jones. But as I stated, I agree that it is incessant. Your calling it "severe" does not make it so.

JT39

The game threads are a wreck. My goal was not to post in it cause I knew the game would be ugly. Mighty isn't far off. Jones gets the blame from about 80-85% of the posts in it.

MightyGiants

Quote from: JT39 on October 10, 2023, 09:56:51 AMThe game threads are a wreck. My goal was not to post in it cause I knew the game would be ugly. Mighty isn't far off. Jones gets the blame from about 80-85% of the posts in it.

@T200
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 10, 2023, 09:56:51 AMThe game threads are a wreck. My goal was not to post in it cause I knew the game would be ugly. Mighty isn't far off. Jones gets the blame from about 80-85% of the posts in it.

Offensive line gets just as many posts from the same individuals in the game threads.  Yet people aren't complaining about those individuals being harsh critics.  There is a sensitivity level when it comes to Daniel Jones that there isn't with other players and other units.

JT39

I think I first joined the game thread when Taylor got in. His first pass was like a 6 yard pass and there were a handful of posters who were like "the offense already looks better, Taylor is more decisive, I love what I'm seeing from Taylor, etc"

At the end of the game - they used garbage time stats as evidence that Jones was the problem. I Ben the announcers said that most of the plays were against the backup DL and vanilla defenses.

I don't fault posters for not wanting Jones and are ready to move on. That's an absolute fair and supported stance. What is aggravating is if someone brings up the OL or WRs - the same posters chime in and fault jones by saying the same thing over and over again.