News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Caleb Williams

Started by Jclayton92, December 28, 2023, 01:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkavage

Quote from: Philosophers on December 29, 2023, 08:04:21 AMWilliams concerns me what I saw in a game as brooding when he was plying badly when he needed to be showing leadership.

Read my post on Ryan Leaf.  You have to pay attention to personality traits.
Like all of you here, I am also not a professional scout so I can't know if "brooding" when your team loses detracts from talent. I do know that I noticed Patrick Mahomes brooding a bit after a few tough losses. I guess I would take him despite his moods when losing.

Ed Vette

Quote from: katkavage on December 29, 2023, 11:56:05 AMLike all of you here, I am also not a professional scout so I can't know if "brooding" when your team loses detracts from talent. I do know that I noticed Patrick Mahomes brooding a bit after a few tough losses. I guess I would take him despite his moods when losing.
There might be a difference between hating to lose and wanting to win, and having a breakdown crying fit in mommy's arms in front of millions of viewers. Maybe...maybe not.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

katkavage

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 29, 2023, 12:01:24 PMThere might be a difference between hating to lose and wanting to win, and having a breakdown crying fit in mommy's arms in front of millions of viewers. Maybe...maybe not.
I'll leave that determination to the professionals, scouts and shrinks. Let's all remember some of the silly pre-draft psycho-analysis we've done in the past. Whoever picks Williams I expect will have done all their own analysis and hope they aren't swayed by the ignorant masses, of which I am one.

Ed Vette

Quote from: katkavage on December 29, 2023, 12:18:15 PMI'll leave that determination to the professionals, scouts and shrinks. Let's all remember some of the silly pre-draft psycho-analysis we've done in the past. Whoever picks Williams I expect will have done all their own analysis and hope they aren't swayed by the ignorant masses, of which I am one.
Sounds good, then it's ok with you if I and everyone else here express their ignorant opinions.   
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

katkavage

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 29, 2023, 12:23:21 PMSounds good, then it's ok with you if I and everyone else here express their ignorant opinions.   
Of course it is. I do it all the time.

brownelvis54

Evidently, former Heisman Trophy winner Caleb Williams has been woeful against Top 25 opponents, sitting with a completion percentage of 51.4% and averaging 54% of the passing yardage that he does against unranked opponents.

https://www.si.com/college/usc/football/usc-football-broadcast-reveals-alarming-caleb-williams-statistics-mb2002#:~:text=Evidently%2C%20former%20Heisman%20Trophy%20winner,he%20does%20against%20unranked%20opponents.
The KING is in the building

uconnjack8

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 29, 2023, 12:59:53 PMEvidently, former Heisman Trophy winner Caleb Williams has been woeful against Top 25 opponents, sitting with a completion percentage of 51.4% and averaging 54% of the passing yardage that he does against unranked opponents.

https://www.si.com/college/usc/football/usc-football-broadcast-reveals-alarming-caleb-williams-statistics-mb2002#:~:text=Evidently%2C%20former%20Heisman%20Trophy%20winner,he%20does%20against%20unranked%20opponents.

I brought up some similar information and was told his surrounding cast is well below the level of those opponents.  I also have been told by a different person here that there is considerable talent on the offense  but not the defense. 

I dont follow USC or college football in general enough to know details of their roster.  2 USC games I watched were two of his worst games, and you cannot judge a player that way.