News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tommy D: Best game by any GIants QB this season to this point

Started by DaveBrown74, November 19, 2023, 04:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

He was tremendous all game. Kid took a beating and still made big plays throughout. Zero turnovers and just kept his wits about him all afternoon. Very impressive stuff.

BluesCruz

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 19, 2023, 04:19:29 PMHe was tremendous all game. Kid took a beating and still made big plays throughout. Zero turnovers and just kept his wits about him all afternoon. Very impressive stuff.
I said that in my other thread. And... Daboll took the ball out of his hands the last two possessions.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

madbadger

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 19, 2023, 07:10:00 PMhttps://twitter.com/WesSteinberg/status/1726338974539780107

I doubt it happened the way it is portrayed in the tweet. I do think that DeVito has given himself a chance to be on a roster next year.

Dgoodmantrublu

Wes Steinberg is a parody account. I can't believe people still fall for the stuff he tweets.

Doc16LT56

Wesley Steinberg may be a parody account but he's probably as credible as any other Giants beat reporter these days.

Good for DeVito on today's game. He deserves a ton of credit. Just please tell Schoen not to overreact and give him a $40 mil per extension.
/sarcasm/

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 19, 2023, 07:44:10 PMWes Steinberg is a parody account. I can't believe people still fall for the stuff he tweets.

I put it down for amusement purposes. I'm well aware what the account is.

Dgoodmantrublu

My comment was for one of the replies

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 19, 2023, 07:53:11 PMI put it down for amusement purposes. I'm well aware what the account is.

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: madbadger on November 19, 2023, 07:17:56 PMI doubt it happened the way it is portrayed in the tweet. I do think that DeVito has given himself a chance to be on a roster next year.
Wesley Steinberg is a phony account whose sole purpose is to troll and otherwise make shiiii up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

T200

And he did it with no help from the running game.

Nice game, DeVito DIMES! 💰
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

TDToomer

Quote from: T200 on November 19, 2023, 09:54:10 PMAnd he did it with no help from the running game.

Nice game, DeVito DIMES! 💰

The first 2 TDS maybe but Barkley has a few huge runs in the 2nd half on on his 2nd, the final TD drive. Barkley managed an 80 yard game after a goose egg in the 1st half. It is amazing how feast or famine he is with his runs.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

T200

Quote from: TDToomer on November 19, 2023, 10:14:12 PMThe first 2 TDS maybe but Barkley has a few huge runs in the 2nd half on on his 2nd, the final TD drive. Barkley managed an 80 yard game after a goose egg in the 1st half. It is amazing how feast or famine he is with his runs.
If Touchdown Tommy doesn't ball out in the first half, we're still in the running for the top draft spot.

Because he had success, the defense had to respect the passing game and that made things easier for Barkley in the second half.

It's funny that the prevailing theme was that Jones needed Barkley to be successful. TD Tommy carried the team in the first half without Barkley and also got sacked numerous times.

Can't wait for next week to see how he follows this game up.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

BluesCruz

Ordinarily you could not sit a top line QB making big bucks

With Tommy you can.  What is Tommy being paid?
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on November 19, 2023, 10:20:28 PMIf Touchdown Tommy doesn't ball out in the first half, we're still in the running for the top draft spot.

Because he had success, the defense had to respect the passing game and that made things easier for Barkley in the second half.

It's funny that the prevailing theme was that Jones needed Barkley to be successful. TD Tommy carried the team in the first half without Barkley and also got sacked numerous times.

Can't wait for next week to see how he follows this game up.
@T200 Tim, I would need to review the film but I thought they went Under Center in the second half more, brought in a 6th Olineman and went outside Tackle for success in the second half. It helped the passing game and yes, a successful passing game opened up the Run. This team has had success from a balanced attack.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin