News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tyrod coming off IR

Started by MightyGiants, December 04, 2023, 10:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Do they need to make room for Barkley on the PS?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

President Rick

who starts????   TT or Tommy ['Danny - a sub above'] DeVito?????    A QB controversy at last!!!!!
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: President Rick on December 04, 2023, 11:26:42 AMwho starts????   TT or Tommy ['Danny - a sub above'] DeVito?????    A QB controversy at last!!!!!

Devito no question. taylor is likely to be off the team next year and possibly out of football. hes getting old and has taken a beating in his career. Devito is either the future starter our qb2 of this team. you RARELY get an opportunity to get this type of audition. preseason only tells you so much. he's looked decent against crap teams, lets see how he finishes the season with some good obstacles. if he continues to play well its one less thing we have to worry about next year. if he REALLY sucks, throw tyrod back in.

DaveBrown74

To the extent that we're not completely dead for the playoffs (trust me I don't think we're making it but the point is it's not 100% over yet), they're going to go with whatever QB they think gives them the best chance to win. Not the QB that makes the fans the happiest or the one that gives them information about next season.

T200

TD Tommy should, and will start the rest of the season.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

BluesCruz

what does he have 7 passing TDs in 3 games

That puts him in the neighborhood of 40 per season with undoubted rushing TDs too

Dan Marino territory

Go Danny Go.   
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

GloryDays

Quote from: B1GBLUE on December 04, 2023, 11:42:03 AMDevito no question. taylor is likely to be off the team next year and possibly out of football. hes getting old and has taken a beating in his career. Devito is either the future starter our qb2 of this team. you RARELY get an opportunity to get this type of audition. preseason only tells you so much. he's looked decent against crap teams, lets see how he finishes the season with some good obstacles. if he continues to play well its one less thing we have to worry about next year. if he REALLY sucks, throw tyrod back in.

The NEED matches the availability of the kid and he's taking full advantage of it. Imagine a NJ kid who grew up a Giants fan and no one heard of him becomes the Giants hero  <:-P  :ok:

B1GBLUE

Quote from: GloryDays on December 04, 2023, 05:24:20 PMThe NEED matches the availability of the kid and he's taking full advantage of it. Imagine a NJ kid who grew up a Giants fan and no one heard of him becomes the Giants hero  <:-P  :ok:

i cant believe how hard some people are being on him or saying hes not nfl material. if he was a 3rd round pick everyone would be going crazy right now talking about how good he's gonna be. sure hes got things to clean up and get better at. but he looks as good as most 1st round rookie qb's in their first meaningful snaps. i am cautiously optimistic as he hasnt played any quality defenses yet, but ive seen SO much worse.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: B1GBLUE on December 05, 2023, 12:35:07 PMi am cautiously optimistic as he hasnt played any quality defenses yet, but ive seen SO much worse.

His first start was in Dallas. That's not a quality defense?

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 05, 2023, 01:33:36 PMHis first start was in Dallas. That's not a quality defense?

The Giants Defense fell apart that day.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 06, 2023, 09:24:57 AMThe Giants Defense fell apart that day.

Sure, but that doesn't change the reality that he in fact has played against a quality D, and he was not good at all in that game.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 06, 2023, 12:44:24 PMSure, but that doesn't change the reality that he in fact has played against a quality D, and he was not good at all in that game.
In his second game he faces Dallas and scores 2 TD's. Jones a 5 year starter had about the same completion %, 0 TD's and Tommy with 2.5 more AY/A. 17 points vs zippo. Do you think Tommy would not have faired better after 5 years in the league? 2nd start...
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 06, 2023, 12:57:57 PMIn his second game he faces Dallas and scores 2 TD's. Jones a 5 year starter had about the same completion %, 0 TD's and Tommy with 2.5 more AY/A. 17 points vs zippo. Do you think Tommy would not have faired better after 5 years in the league? 2nd start...

Yes, I think he would have fared better after five years in the league. You know my stance on Jones at this point. I was not coming down on Tommy D in any way. All I was doing was disputing the claim that he had never faced a good defense. This was not any sort of attack on him, so there is no need to defend him. I am just clarifying facts.