News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Around the NFL: Week 18

Started by DaveBrown74, January 07, 2024, 12:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Plenty of meaningful NFL games today. There are no play-in games (where both opponents face the same situation), but there are plenty of games that matter. The Jax game should be interesting as far as the 1pm games go, and I'm definitely going to be watching Jets/Pats (rooting hard for the Pats for Giants draft purposes).

TDToomer

The snow is beautiful in Foxborough!
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on January 07, 2024, 01:48:00 PMThe snow is beautiful in Foxborough!

The game itself is unwatchable. I'm trying, because it's very important to us, but man what an ugly game.

Nobody has collapsed this year the way the Jags did. This team was 8-3. Looks like they now have a very good chance of not making the playoffs.

I want the Bills in. The playoffs in general are just a better product when Josh Allen is involved.

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 07, 2024, 02:03:11 PMThe game itself is unwatchable. I'm trying, because it's very important to us, but man what an ugly game.

Nobody has collapsed this year the way the Jags did. This team was 8-3. Looks like they now have a very good chance of not making the playoffs.

I want the Bills in. The playoffs in general are just a better product when Josh Allen is involved.

It's unwatchable because these are 2 of the worst scoring offenses in the league playing in the snow. Put Buffalo and Cleveland in this weather and it would be glorious.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

katkavage

TDToomer

DaveBrown74

Bailey Zappe is a disgrace. He is much worse than Zack Wilson and he's also even worse than Mac Jones.

I have to say - I wouldn't hire Belichick at this point. I guess I'd hire him to be just the coach and nothing else, but he is as bad a talent evaluator as Gettleman is. Worse even maybe. I wouldn't even want him in a collaborative role with the front office. This roster is an utter disgrace, and that is 100% his fault as he calls the shots on everything.

katkavage

Jets celebrating a win over the Bailey Zappe-led Pats is truly pathetic.

TDToomer

With the Patriots losing does our game have any impact on where we draft now?

Edit: Read that we can move to 4th with a loss and Arizona win.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: katkavage on January 07, 2024, 04:00:25 PMJets celebrating a win over the Bailey Zappe-led Pats is truly pathetic.

Is it any more pathetic than the three week Cutlets-mania that enevlopped the Giants fan community because we beat the exact same team plus the Skins, who are even worse?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on January 07, 2024, 04:00:28 PMWith the Patriots losing does our game have any impact on where we draft now?

Edit: Read that we can move to 4th with a loss and Arizona win.

Our range of outcomes is still substantial based on whether we win or lose plus what you mentioned. You also have the Commanders.

katkavage

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 07, 2024, 04:02:33 PMIs it any more pathetic than the three week Cutlets-mania that enevlopped the Giants fan community because we beat the exact same team plus the Skins, who are even worse?
That was the silly fans reacting. These are players celebrating the end of a pitiful season by beating a pitiful team.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: katkavage on January 07, 2024, 04:04:26 PMThat was the silly fans reacting. These are players celebrating the end of a pitiful season by beating a pitiful team.

Our players didn't celebrate on the field when they beat pitiful teams like a Kyler Murray-less Cards team, the Commanders twice (both times by scant margins), barely beating the Pats in Met Life with the Pats missing a 35 yard chip shot, and then beating Green Bay at home (again barely) with Green Bay missing just about all of their good players?

Not looking to get into an argument over this, because it's not important either way, but Giants players absolutely, 100% celebrated wins against the dregs of the NFL this year. Emphatically so. So did the coaches. I watched Daboll dancing off the field with DeVito like a buffoon in one of these games.

We ARE among the dregs of the NFL this year. So of course our players are going to get excited about beating someone who was on our level. They absolutely did. No different from the Jets.

Woody

Quote from: TDToomer on January 07, 2024, 01:48:00 PMThe snow is beautiful in Foxborough!
I have 12 " of beautiful t my house...starting to get ugly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TDToomer

Are we really criticizing players for celebrating a win? What are there unwritten rules about over-celebrating like in baseball? Anyone who wins in these crappy conditions can celebrate.