News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Do my eyes deceive me or are the Giants the ascendant NFC East Team

Started by BluesCruz, January 08, 2024, 05:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

We roughed up the Rams then trounce Philly.  It seems we are finally on the right track

The D is top 10 maybe even better.

Its now apparent Jones was the wet blanket not the rest of the offense.

We can dominate next year with a few more key additions.

I actually feel better about this team than I did about last years playoff team.  That team was an illusion.  It had major flaws
The rebirth started with the 3 game winning streak, then the way we handled the Rams
Finally demolishing the hated Eagles

Tyrod said this was the best locker room he has been associated with.......that said a lot

Hopefully Wink stays and we draft well.  I dont know about the money situation but the Jones contract was a huge anchor.  Schoen has to find someway of dealing him off even if we have to pick up half his compensation
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Giant Obsession

T'is truly amazing how a meaningless exhibition game victory can part the clouds of doom.

1.  We were totally unprepared FOUR games this year.

2.  We have NO dominant player at ANY position (save sexy Dexy) to build around.

3.  NO Quarterback to build or even start to build around.

4.  I am more convinced than ever that clubhouse culture equal country club atmosphere.

5.  A bundle of ultra high draft choices (10 years worth) that have established NO foundation of winning or performance.

6.  Novice head coaches that have done NOTHING but kick the can down the road...plus FOUR wins this year alone.

IF you truly want to assess this team in its present state, just pull up the first 6 or 7 games this year.  Frightening, yet an accurate state by which to evaluate.

The only shining light is that over half of the teams in this undercoached watered down league rival our current situation in many aspects.

Based on our past 10 years, expect more of the same.

40 - 0.

Tells you all you need to know about where we are and the lower to middle ground we will be occupying for quite a while yet.

Don't plan on any more trophies.   A playoff appearance every 4 or 5 years have to suffice.  That's for the fans.

For the owners, well the coffers are overflowing and that is solace enough for the inability to overcome their continued shortcomings.

Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

DaveBrown74

How is our D "top 10, maybe even better" ? What metric are you using?

If you mean they were top 10 just this week, fine, but how are you looking at the whole season and coming up with that?

Messiah717

It's quite simple.  The class of the division absolutely pasted the Giants twice this season. 

files58

When the elevator is in the basement there really is only one way to go. However if no one pushes the right button the elevator stays in the basement. Yesterday's victory was meaningless except for the "rub and tug" it gave Mara. Soriani left opportunity on the table to avenge the Sudfield Submission. While he was in the game the goal(unstated) should have been that the next snap Hurts takes should be next Spring during OTA's. Send all eleven, and for good measure add on a roughing the passer. This morning there would be no Brotherly Love in Philly, Soriani would have been dropped from the Walt Whitman into the Delaware, there would be thousands of Rockies running up the museum steps, and the square in front of Independence Hall would be flowing with green blood(not Mr. Spock's). Revenge is a dish best served cold. I'll have my soft pretzel right out of the fridge with a drop of mustard.

Ed Vette

The Giants beat an Eagles team without their two top Receivers, both Safeties in Blankenship and Sydney Brown and their Guard starting Guard Kurgens. They were killed by three turnover. I'm concerned the Giants didn't score a point in the second half, so what's up with that? Yes, Daboll going for it on 4th down instead of icing it with a FG contributed to that.

WDR had another great game but I'm concerned with Jalin Hyatt. The Oline had a decent game but lets face the fact that by the second half both teams were looking to not get hurt. No penalties.

Even though that Eagles team in in a funk, they are still much better talented than the Giants. Next season will turnover about a third of the team. Let's not put the cart before the horse.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 08, 2024, 11:35:38 AMThe Giants beat an Eagles team without their two top Receivers, both Safeties in Blankenship and Sydney Brown and their Guard starting Guard Kurgens. They were killed by three turnover. I'm concerned the Giants didn't score a point in the second half, so what's up with that? Yes, Daboll going for it on 4th down instead of icing it with a FG contributed to that.

WDR had another great game but I'm concerned with Jalin Hyatt. The Oline had a decent game but lets face the fact that by the second half both teams were looking to not get hurt. No penalties.

Even though that Eagles team in in a funk, they are still much better talented than the Giants. Next season will turnover about a third of the team. Let's not put the cart before the horse.

Some of the top Eagle players are on the old side and getting older

C Kelce- 36
RT Lane Johnson- 33
TE Goedert-  29
DE Graham- 35
CB Slay- 33
CB Bradberry 30
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 08, 2024, 11:40:35 AMSome of the top Eagle players are on the old side and getting older

C Kelce- 36
RT Lane Johnson- 33
TE Goedert-  29
DE Graham- 35
CB Slay- 33
CB Bradberry 30
Wasn't Slay also missing?

I fully expected the Eagles to have a drop-off year but to your point, they may need an infusion of youth next season. Still, this Giants team can't compete with a healthy Eagles team at this point.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 08, 2024, 11:59:29 AMWasn't Slay also missing?

I fully expected the Eagles to have a drop-off year, but to your point, they may need an infusion of youth next season. Still, this Giants team can't compete with a healthy Eagles team at this point.

I wonder if the aging of key players is part of the cause of the Eagles' Dec/Jan swoon.  I remember hearing from a former GM (I don't remember which) say that older players, as they decline, often look great in Sept and Oct, but their play really dips by December.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

spiderblue43

Eagles are aging or too old at some positions..but they have a track record under Howie of restocking the shelves
And the faithful are never ever satisfied..which always brings a sense of urgency every year.

The Giants? No comparison for over a decade. It"s been abysmal with the coaching carousel and chronic issues for years despite their attempts to fix them

I give Daboll credit for his team not quitting..but winning meaningless games is not ascension. They have a lot to work on just to become relevant after Halloween.

katkavage

At the end of the NFL season, I would rank the Giants as the sixth worst team in the NFL. Only Carolina, Washington, New England, Arizona, and maybe even San Diego, are worse. Four of the Giant's six wins were against three of the teams below them.

Painter

When I see a word like "ascendant", it's larks rather than Giants which comes to mind. In any event, it is at least interesting that you would call up visual deception as a hedge against your perception. But, of course, as a Giants fan, it's always more about hope than expectation as suggested by the reaction you've gotten, so far and so fair.

Cheers!

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 08, 2024, 12:08:51 PMI wonder if the aging of key players is part of the cause of the Eagles' Dec/Jan swoon.  I remember hearing from a former GM (I don't remember which) say that older players, as they decline, often look great in Sept and Oct, but their play really dips by December.
I would think that's why they have Veteran days off throughout the season. Good point. Rookies and Veterans drop off at the end of a long season, especially the big boys like Dex and those built like me.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

BluesCruz

You guys have missed the mark so far off that it pains me

Its long a time,  for many seasons been my contention that Jones could not throw downfield out side the numbers.  He rarely tries any more and when he does he is way off the mark.  He has no feel for those throws and fears them

Then you have Barkley- a feast or famine RB who cannot move the sticks
His productivity comes from occasional long runs.  Otherwise he is a one and done RB a 1.7 YPC RB minus the long ones.  Who typically cannot catch a cold.  In reaction opponents routinely crowd the LOS with impunity

Both players led the team into a gigantic losing funk

The line does not want to block for them, the WRs have no interest in stretching the field, the defense grows as weary as Jamie the Punters leg.

No other RB ever sees any kind of real action as Schoen and Daboll likely got their jobs by swearing to save "the face of the franchise" and the "Mr Nice Guy"scholar from Duke that everyone would love to have over for Thanksgiving.
And Mara thinks is his long lost son.

You all seem to think the 3 game winning streak was an optical illusion, we didnt dominate the Jets, Bills and Rams then literally hand them a victory they did not deserve.  Dominated a good Packers team on National TV, then Culminating in a nuclear destruction of the vaunted
Philadelphia Turkey Vultures and came within a hair of beating them in Philly 2 weeks before that.

Oh so sad Crosby could not hit the broadside of a barn and we let up and didnt score in the second half.....we played give the ball to the soon to be retired WR instead of scoring

All of this occured when "The Boy Next Door" QB was finally off the field.

If they insist on a replay of Jones and Barkley the losing will return big time.  These two made sustained excellence impossible and none of the dancing Elephants or the exhausted defense wanted to put out for them.

What is it you cannot decipher guys- come on? Its not brain surgery :doh:
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"