News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PFF ranks the Giants’ offensive line last in the NFL

Started by LennG, May 13, 2024, 08:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sxdxca38

Quote from: Trench on May 14, 2024, 01:34:37 PMThis is factually incorrect. Not ONE PERSON has PUT "ALL the blame" on his shoulders!....not ONE SINGLE PERSON HAS DONE THAT. Ever.

Hi,

You may not be aware of this, but here is a direct quote from a poster just a few months ago, and this is what he said about DJ.

"Well what do you want me to call them? Never in all my life do I remember a fanbase of any NY sports franchise; Football, baseball; hockey ; and Basketball so devoted to a player who so obviously just stinks! Can you name one? ... I can't."

There are many more comments like this, but I think you get the point.

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: sxdxca38 on May 14, 2024, 03:44:15 PMHi,

You may not be aware of this, but here is a direct quote from a poster just a few months ago, and this is what he said about DJ.

"Well what do you want me to call them? Never in all my life do I remember a fanbase of any NY sports franchise; Football, baseball; hockey ; and Basketball so devoted to a player who so obviously just stinks! Can you name one? ... I can't."

There are many more comments like this, but I think you get the point.

A comment that Jones "stinks" does not equate to putting all the blame on him for the Giants' shortcomings.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on May 14, 2024, 04:15:42 PMA comment that Jones "stinks" does not equate to putting all the blame on him for the Giants' shortcomings.

What does it mean when he gets blamed for many of the sacks the OL subjects him to, but when a back-up behind a better OL is sacked at an even higher rate we are told that the back-up has better pocket sense?  What does it mean when the woes of the defense are the fault of all the 3 and outs he has, when in actuality the TOP is virtually 50-50?  The fact is that there are posters who have tried to place virtually every team failing at DJ's feet.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: AZGiantFan on May 14, 2024, 04:29:17 PMWhat does it mean when he gets blamed for many of the sacks the OL subjects him to, but when a back-up behind a better OL is sacked at an even higher rate we are told that the back-up has better pocket sense?  What does it mean when the woes of the defense are the fault of all the 3 and outs he has, when in actuality the TOP is virtually 50-50?  The fact is that there are posters who have tried to place virtually every team failing at DJ's feet.

And I can go through a list of what I perceive as mental gymnastics of those intent on defending Jones from the mildest of criticism... but where would that get us? My comment that initiated your response was pretty narrow and I have no desire (and little to gain) by going any wider.

Doc16LT56

Are you guys being mean to Daniel Jones again?

/sarcasm/

Trench

Quote from: AZGiantFan on May 14, 2024, 04:29:17 PMWhat does it mean when he gets blamed for many of the sacks the OL subjects him to, but when a back-up behind a better OL is sacked at an even higher rate we are told that the back-up has better pocket sense?  What does it mean when the woes of the defense are the fault of all the 3 and outs he has, when in actuality the TOP is virtually 50-50?  The fact is that there are posters who have tried to place virtually every team failing at DJ's feet.

It certainly does not mean it is all on Jones - nobody to my knowledge has ever once said that.

It is unfair to put words in other posters mouths.

todge

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 14, 2024, 12:24:42 PMBy a brilliant Offensive drafted by Daboll to disguise Jones deficiencies and work to his Run Strength. Saquon, Dink, Dunk, Read option. Then at the end of the season the league figured it out and they got lucky to face the lousy Vikings Defense. How did those last eight games go again?
Ed: no one has confirmed why Daboll ran a simplified offense that year. But did you ever consider it was constructed that way to accommodate an awful pass blocking OL and a WR corp lacking of any talent?

As to the Vikings - Jones passed for 300 yards and ran for 100 while Barkley ran for 53 yards. Why did Barkley struggle against a weak defense and Jones didn't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Vette

Quote from: todge on May 14, 2024, 07:10:56 PMEd: no one has confirmed why Daboll ran a simplified offense that year. But did you ever consider it was constructed that way to accommodate an awful pass blocking OL and a WR corp lacking of any talent?

As to the Vikings - Jones passed for 300 yards and ran for 100 while Barkley ran for 53 yards. Why did Barkley struggle against a weak defense and Jones didn't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barkley ran for 84 yards and Jones 34. Against Indy Jones passes for 177 yards. He passed for 135 and 169 yards against Philly. He passed for 300 yards three times that year and two times against Minnesota. Twelve games of 200 yards or less. So no.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 14, 2024, 07:44:42 PMBarkley ran for 84 yards and Jones 34. Against Indy Jones passes for 177 yards. He passed for 135 and 169 yards against Philly. He passed for 300 yards three times that year and two times against Minnesota. Twelve games of 200 yards or less. So no.

How many rushing yards did Jones contribute?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 14, 2024, 07:45:19 PMHow many rushing yards did Jones contribute?
He's paid to throw the ball. Quarterback.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 14, 2024, 07:46:46 PMHe's paid to throw the ball. Quarterback.
Let's see how he does this year in the pocket.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

sxdxca38

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on May 14, 2024, 04:15:42 PMA comment that Jones "stinks" does not equate to putting all the blame on him for the Giants' shortcomings.

Here are some more quotes for you:

"Just pathetic. If they think I am paying money to watch this, they have another thing coming. No idea why they are trying so bad to make fetch happen with Jones. The guy clearly sucks."

"Also don't mind the banter. Some people just don't like to be wrong that is all. Jones stinks."

"Not to mention Zak Wilson was a back-up last year, and he is a better QB than Jones; so is Darnold for that matter."

"Whereas here, the emperor is not wearing any clothes and mara loves Daniel Jones, so we have to endure yet another year of excuses for Daniel Jones."

"It is like I am in the twilight zone when it comes to Giants fans and Daniel Jones. I cannot think of one player in my sports watching lifetime -- IN ANY SPORT-- where there was such a dedication to a player who so clearly sucks."

Trench

Quote from: sxdxca38 on May 14, 2024, 09:30:40 PMHere are some more quotes for you:

"Just pathetic. If they think I am paying money to watch this, they have another thing coming. No idea why they are trying so bad to make fetch happen with Jones. The guy clearly sucks."

"Also don't mind the banter. Some people just don't like to be wrong that is all. Jones stinks."

"Not to mention Zak Wilson was a back-up last year, and he is a better QB than Jones; so is Darnold for that matter."

"Whereas here, the emperor is not wearing any clothes and mara loves Daniel Jones, so we have to endure yet another year of excuses for Daniel Jones."

"It is like I am in the twilight zone when it comes to Giants fans and Daniel Jones. I cannot think of one player in my sports watching lifetime -- IN ANY SPORT-- where there was such a dedication to a player who so clearly sucks."

Can you please point out where any of that it says "it is ALL on Jones"??

If not, please don't put words in people's mouths. There is not a fan on this forum who believes everything is Jones fault.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 14, 2024, 07:46:46 PMHe's paid to throw the ball. Quarterback.

Tell that to MVP QB Lamar Jackson.

Seriously, it's not like officials forced the Giants to punt when DJ's legs pick up a first down.  It's not like officials tell the score keeper to remove that touchdown because DJ ran it in rather than threw it.   Yardage, first downs, and touchdowns all count the same regardless if DJ got them through the air or on the ground.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 14, 2024, 07:47:22 PMLet's see how he does this year in the pocket.

I think this is extremely important this year. One has to assume that his rushing production will take a hit post-ACL unless he has an Adrian Peterson-like recovery.