News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Bobby Okereke: Giants' defense is "just going to take over."

Started by DaveBrown74, June 09, 2024, 06:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

Yeah guys should say the team is going to suck when a reporter asks in June.  S/

Trench

Quote from: Painter on June 10, 2024, 11:03:46 AMIs there anyone here who doesn't think he's a professional? But then, if you don't like what you see after 2-3 games most, what are you going to do about it which might be different from your otherwise usual routine? Do we dare to hope?

Cheers!

Fair enough. It's just my frustration talking

bamagiantfan

I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

madbadger

Quote from: T200 on June 10, 2024, 02:34:15 PMHe also said:

"The 2024 New York Giants are going to be a tough, gritty, dominant team. We have no false pretenses. No one's coming in here thinking we're hot (expletive), we're going to earn everything we get, and we're going to work hard every day."

Go f-ing earn it. Stop talking about it. FWIW he contradicts himself when he says they're going to be dominant but that they don't think they're hot (expletive). The two thoughts are incompatible.

T200

Quote from: madbadger on June 10, 2024, 03:40:07 PMGo f-ing earn it. Stop talking about it. FWIW he contradicts himself when he says they're going to be dominant but that they don't think they're hot (expletive). The two thoughts are incompatible.
I get where you're coming from.  :ok:

I'd be more concerned if it was from a player who has yet to prove anything on the field. Okereke can back up his talk.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: T200 on June 10, 2024, 03:44:17 PMI get where you're coming from.  :ok:

I'd be more concerned if it was from a player who has yet to prove anything on the field. Okereke can back up his talk.

This was my thought as well. While I see MadBadger's point and have sympathy for it, I do think these types of proclamations are different when they come from a guy who played at a high level last year (Bobby O) versus from a guy who did little to nothing last year (Hyatt).

With that said, I'm not going to knock guys too much for being positive in spring/summer. What bothers me much more is when players act blase or accepting of losing during the season. I want to see players visibly bothered after losses. Frankly, I have not seen enough of this on this team in recent years. Way too many times I see players effectively shrug their shoulders after loss. That should not happen. Losing should be crushing and devastating, whether it is by one point or 50.