News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT- Joey Chestnut banned from the Nathan's hotdog eating contest

Started by MightyGiants, June 12, 2024, 08:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Like banning Michal Jordon in his prime

The Major League Eating's greatest champion of all time has been banned from the contest because he signed an endorsement deal with Impossible meats to endorse their faux hotdog

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/40328161/joey-chestnut-banned-nathan-famous-hot-dog-eating-contest
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

Imagine telling the only recognizable name/face of that "sport" that he can't compete in their premiere sport for any reason other than he killed a guy.  Could they possibly be any dumber?

LennG

Come on, Nathan's is the sponsor of the event, why would they have a guy who is endorsing a competitor?

It's like Coke letting a Pepsi spokesman in their ads.

I would ban him also.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Painter

An American Hero? Only in America would someone suggest that making a living by routinely wolfing down more Nathan's hot dogs than anyone else before or since is somehow Heroic.

But as it appears worthy of discussion in a football forum- that what this is, ne c'est pas? - I suppose we can't argue with Media Hedge Fund Manager's decision to elevate his status from World Champion to American Hero. After all, they have been expert in creating false equivalencies in our politics with little or no cringing in response.

I any case, switching in favor of more "natural" hot dog, frankfurter, wiener ingredients would benefit the environment not just his bank account, wouldn't we think? Right? Huh!

Cheers!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Painter on June 12, 2024, 11:58:09 AMAn American Hero? Only in America would someone suggest that making a living by routinely wolfing down more Nathan's hot dogs than anyone else before or since is somehow Heroic.

But as it appears worthy of discussion in a football forum- that what this is, ne c'est pas? - I suppose we can't argue with Media Hedge Fund Manager's decision to elevate his status from World Champion to American Hero. After all, they have been expert in creating false equivalencies in our politics with little or no cringing in response.

I any case, switching in favor of more "natural" hot dog, frankfurter, wiener ingredients would benefit the environment not just his bank account, wouldn't we think? Right? Huh!

Cheers!

Is Joey Chestnut an ALL-TIME ATHLETE!?

https://x.com/BleacherReport/status/1676352612029874178

https://x.com/BarstoolBigCat/status/1411730583680700418

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Gmo11

Quote from: LennG on June 12, 2024, 11:24:11 AMCome on, Nathan's is the sponsor of the event, why would they have a guy who is endorsing a competitor?

It's like Coke letting a Pepsi spokesman in their ads.

I would ban him also.

Besides the fact that he's done it for years without a bit of an issue you mean?

LennG

Quote from: Gmo11 on June 12, 2024, 12:49:32 PMBesides the fact that he's done it for years without a bit of an issue you mean?

I thought that this 'new' endorsement is something new?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

kartanoman

Blech!

I was always a Sabrett's guy, myself.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

TONKA56

In Maine we eat red hot dogs.

Seriously why are these hot dog eating contest guys always in some sort of controversy? Wasn't Takeru Kobayashi in trouble for a while?

Jclayton92

DaveBrown74

Chestnut is an absolute machine. Nobody in the history of competitive eating is even in his stratosphere. If people don't want to call competitive eating a sport, that is fine, but then let's not call billiards, darts, bowling, or possibly even golf a sport, as professional eating takes more physical exertion and mental toughness than all of those activities.

TONKA56

Quote from: Jclayton92 on June 13, 2024, 09:31:42 AMHasn't Chestnut blown that guy out the water like 6 times already. Wouldn't that be old beef, or old fake beef, and not unfinished beef?

Pretty sure they've gone back and forth.

Takeru Kobayashi was banned for a while I think. Nathan's wanted him to sign some agreement. There was a beef about other guys using his Solomon method to cheat as well.