News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Interesting special teams drill

Started by MightyGiants, June 12, 2024, 11:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

I have no idea if this is a good exercise or not, but I'm hoping Special Teams will become "special" this season with a new ST coach and several top-notch ST players brought in

Here's a short clip discussing the Giants' special teams this year...and they don't even mention that we picked up Boykin (no.2 in the NFL for ST tackles) or that we drafted Darius Muasau who was a ST's demon in college and played for Ghobrial. Muasau loves special teams and has oft said that he knew from a long time ago that special teams was his ticket to the NFL, so he has spent all his time focusing to be the best ST's player in college. He loves to hit and loves the physicality of football

I told my teenage son, when I was his age, I used to get 10 CDs in the mail for a penny. I don't know if he thought I was lying or even knew what a CD was, or what a penny was, or what the mail was, or all of the above

MightyGiants

@Jolly Blue Giant I am hoping the coaching upgrade will bear fruit
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

The problem or big question for me cutrently is finding a way to keep the specials guys on the roster.

Like how many wrs can we keep with gunner and Boykin being special teams aces. Plus how many Mike's etc and how does that hurt the rest of the depth.

Philosophers

Punt a ball and launch 20 tennis balls up in the air as distractions for the punt catcher to have to concentrate and make the catch.  Make people uncomfortable to prepare them for uncomfortable situations.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Jclayton92 on June 12, 2024, 12:51:36 PMThe problem or big question for me cutrently is finding a way to keep the specials guys on the roster.

Like how many wrs can we keep with gunner and Boykin being special teams aces. Plus how many Mike's etc and how does that hurt the rest of the depth.

Good question. It would seem to me that if you were vying for one of the last spots on the WR squad, being a ST ace sure doesn't hurt one's chances

As for me, I'm just glad (or so it appears anyway) that Schoen is fed up with poor ST play and is addressing it in a major way. Hopefully it bears fruit
I told my teenage son, when I was his age, I used to get 10 CDs in the mail for a penny. I don't know if he thought I was lying or even knew what a CD was, or what a penny was, or what the mail was, or all of the above