News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants will sign Herndon

Started by Dumpster Dan, June 12, 2024, 01:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on June 12, 2024, 09:55:10 PMI am in the dark

Herndon is 28 years old and we are talking about win now or rebuilding?

How does he even belong in that conversation

And we also worry that he is going to take snaps from the YOUNGER guys?

Dumpster Dan
The Giamts are building a team of young players who are competing for starting roles. It's important to have some veteran experience to help coaches show these kids how to prepare and to tune up their awareness and utilize their skills. It may be through observation or mentorship. They also provided depth and become situational players.

The ambivalence is over. 2023 was a wakeup call. If they had any doubts about that, they would have paid Barkley, McKinney and Adoree Jackson.

@Dumpster Dan, this veteran signing pushes the rookie Slot and Flott on the outside. It also lets them observe how he prepares and how he uses his experience by example compared to them.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AZGiantFan

Has anyone seen anything on the terms of the signing?  Nothing shows up on Spotrac or Over the Cap yet.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

spiderblue43

DBs fall like 10 pins during a season (sometimes before it). Can't have enough ever..vet presence with young players too.

Dumpster Dan

Quote from: Ed Vette on June 13, 2024, 09:29:29 AMThe Giamts are building a team of young players who are competing for starting roles. It's important to have some veteran experience to help coaches show these kids how to prepare and to tune up their awareness and utilize their skills. It may be through observation or mentorship. They also provided depth and become situational players.

The ambivalence is over. 2023 was a wakeup call. If they had any doubts about that, they would have paid Barkley, McKinney and Adoree Jackson.

@Dumpster Dan, this veteran signing pushes the rookie Slot and Flott on the outside. It also lets them observe how he prepares and how he uses his experience by example compared to them.

Ed

Appreciate your insight

I have had Herndon on my wish list for at least a month

Dumpster Dan