News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

33rd Team 2022 redraft

Started by MightyGiants, June 20, 2024, 02:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

round 1

5. NEW YORK GIANTS - KAYVON THIBODEAUX, EDGE, OREGON
Original Pick: Thibodeaux

The draft gets more interesting here, as the class lacked superstars after the first few picks. The New York Giants' need for a pass-rusher was clear, and Kayvon Thibodeaux is as good, if not better, than everyone outside of Hutchinson.

His athletic ceiling is still high as he turns 24 in December and is coming off an 11.5-sack year.

7. NEW YORK GIANTS - CHARLES CROSS, OT, MISSISSIPPI STATE
Original Pick: Evan Neal, OT, Alabama

Like Carolina, New York had the right idea but missed on the player. Evan Neal has dealt with injuries through two seasons, but his poor play in both seasons already has his outlook in jeopardy.

As tempting as Kyle Hamilton or a receiver would be, the right pick would've been Charles Cross, who has been average or better at left tackle in that same span for Seattle.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/2022-nfl-re-draft-who-would-every-team-take-2-years-later/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

How do we know Charles Cross would have faired any better than Neal at RT since he's only played LT?

Also Neal has barely played a year, I think he ends up proving to be solid.

DaveBrown74

Charles Cross over Garrett Wilson or Chris Olave?

Hmmmm.

ralphpal1

G Wilson has two 1000 yrd seasons with Zack Wilson as his Qb
Youre sure he wasnt the pick
P.S. The Jets line is just as bad as our line is

Bob In PA

Quote from: Jclayton92 on June 20, 2024, 02:56:39 PMHow do we know Charles Cross would have faired any better than Neal at RT since he's only played LT?

Also Neal has barely played a year, I think he ends up proving to be solid.

J: I'm usually as optimistic about players as your post indicates you are, but in this case I'm worried.

There are two aspects to your statement: lack of experience and injury. 

I can see both of them contributing to mistakes Neal has made, but there have been too many REPEATED mistakes in pass protection (a really bad sign). Even more important to me personally, I thought he would be a much more powerful run-blocker than he has shown, and as you know it's unlikely that that will improve with experience.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Philosophers

I think has one of those bodies that always gets tweaked and a mindset that does not allow him to be strong and effective through it.  I am sure if you ask any OL they say they play in pain every game.