News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Mojo’s Corner - 2024 Camp Reports

Started by MightyGiants, July 24, 2024, 10:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4 Aces

There's something different about this team.

Ever since the Giants started doing these joint practices, the opponent ALWAYS gets the jump on them and we hear how much deeper, more talented, intense and physical they are.

Not this year. It's early, but nonetheless a sign this team may be turning the corner.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on August 05, 2024, 04:35:54 PMAny of them members here? Don't out them is they are. Seems like they'd be great additions to the board and this is the most civilized sports forum out there.

Whether they and others are active participants I have no idea, but I get the sense when I listen to podcasts and read articles out there that many people who are full time Giants reporters or podcasters/youtubers at least read this site. It's a great place to go if you want to get the pulse of the fan base and not just witness a bunch of children shouting expletives at each other in all caps, like you get on other boards.

I have heard things on podcasts and read things in articles that have been suggestive to me that the writer/speaker has been reading certain threads here. Makes total sense if they are. If I were someone like Duggan or Leonard or Bobby/Justin I'd coming here daily and just seeing what's on fan's minds and how fans are reacting to certain things.

Bob In PA

Quote from: 4 Aces on August 05, 2024, 09:04:36 PMThere's something different about this team.

Ever since the Giants started doing these joint practices, the opponent ALWAYS gets the jump on them and we hear how much deeper, more talented, intense and physical they are.

Not this year. It's early, but nonetheless a sign this team may be turning the corner.

Aces: IMO you just need 1 or 2 guys on each side of the ball who scare the opponent. We have that now. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: 4 Aces on August 05, 2024, 09:04:36 PMThere's something different about this team.

With the addition of Nabors and Burns and the development of young players coming into their own, this team is developing confidence and an identity. The feistiness I witnessed yesterday, shouted not in my house. Drafting rookies with pride like Dru and Tre who won't take xxxx and punch you right back in the mouth, is making an impact on this team.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bill Brown

I loved how DJ jumped into the melee to help protect his guys. Not the smartest thing to do but I'm sure it spoke volumes to his teammates.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

MightyGiants

No longer my reports, but will be posting Tweets and reports.

https://x.com/art_stapleton/status/1820815769971605731
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE