News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Mojo’s Corner - 2024 Camp Reports

Started by MightyGiants, July 24, 2024, 10:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

https://x.com/art_stapleton/status/1816187705992401080

Art Stapleton
@art_stapleton
One lineup surprise for me on Day 1 of Giants camp: rookie DT Elijah Chatman getting a chance to work in first-team rotation with Dexter Lawrence, Ryder Anderson and Rakeem Nunez-Roches.

DL coach Andre Patterson has said height is not a prerequisite for him: Chatman listed at 6-foot, 278 pounds, UDFA from SMU
3:04 PM · Jul 24, 2024
·
 Views
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Chatman and Alex Johnson likely make the squad as UDFAs.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Jclayton92

Heard the rookie MLB did well today.

babywhales

It's that time of year again to remember our old friend. 

All camp reports will be complied here 

Go GIANTS!!!
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Just a thought I had this AM about camp injuries, and actually this is actually more of a question (to those members who have a better understanding of camp in general than I do) than a statement:

We see these reports of players heading off to the sidelines and guys spending the day with trainers etc a lot during camp, and naturally none of us ever like seeing that. Especially given the well entrenched narrative on this team that our guys are always hurt.

My question really is whether this stuff feels worse than it is during camp in general. I mean, a lot of these camp injuries seem minor enough that we might not even know about them if they happened during the season. Players constantly get various minor bumps and bruises during the season, and not only do most play through these, but many practice through them at least in limited format. I suspect many very minor things are not even reported. Or we may hear things like "player x was limited in practice today but is fully expected to play on Sunday", and we don't get too worried when we read that. However in camp, there is no upcoming game, and you just read things like "player x spent the day with trainers." You then start to worry if it's going to be some multi-week (or worse) thing.

Would you say it's possible that a lot of the camp injury stuff makes teams sound more significantly banged up than they actually are by regular season standards?

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 26, 2024, 10:41:09 AMJust a thought I had this AM about camp injuries, and actually this is actually more of a question (to those members who have a better understanding of camp in general than I do) than a statement:

We see these reports of players heading off to the sidelines and guys spending the day with trainers etc a lot during camp, and naturally none of us ever like seeing that. Especially given the well entrenched narrative on this team that our guys are always hurt.

My question really is whether this stuff feels worse than it is during camp in general. I mean, a lot of these camp injuries seem minor enough that we might not even know about them if they happened during the season. Players constantly get various minor bumps and bruises during the season, and not only do most play through these, but many practice through them at least in limited format. I suspect many very minor things are not even reported. Or we may hear things like "player x was limited in practice today but is fully expected to play on Sunday", and we don't get too worried when we read that. However in camp, there is no upcoming game, and you just read things like "player x spent the day with trainers." You then start to worry if it's going to be some multi-week (or worse) thing.

Would you say it's possible that a lot of the camp injury stuff makes teams sound more significantly banged up than they actually are by regular season standards?

I think that you need to view injuries in training camp through the lens of training camp.  The roster is nearly doubled.  Statistically you are going to have more guys banged up.  On top of that, there are some who suggest there are some injuries that are more common during camp.

For me, the things I look for are:

How many start camp injured

Are the injuries concentrating in a position

Is the injured player missing (to them) valuable practice time

Are the injuries the avoidable soft tissue type or are they the result of misfortune and impacts

Are the injuries concentrated by type-  you never want to see a concentration of, say hamstring injuries.

Are the injuries building up to the point that it's impacting practice?

:knockONwood:  Right now, the injuries are not too bad.   Theo's injury was a bit of a concern, but the rest seem on par for this point in camp.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE