News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Mojo’s Corner - 2024 Camp Reports

Started by MightyGiants, July 24, 2024, 10:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
Practice notes:

• Type of day where there isn't much to react to from a sixth-year QB. They did a lot of red zone work, so not many opportunities to air it out. Best pass was a deep in-route to Wan'Dale Robinson after climbing the pocket. A lot of plays were disrupted by the pass rush.

There was a nice throw and catch with Hyatt for a TD that would have been a clear sack by Brian Burns after a nasty spin move on Jermaine Eluemunor. Burns and/or Ryder Anderson would have had a sack on Jones' desperation interception by Jason Pinnock. DT Elijah Chatman, who got a bunch of first-team reps, had a sack right before C Austin Schlottmann lost his breakfast. Noted sacks for Kayvon Thibodeaux (quietly having a strong camp) and Azeez Ojulari.

• Jon Runyan exclusively worked at LG again, although his reps were scaled back. Josh Ezeudu (before getting carted off) and Jake Kubas got work at LG with the starters. Greg Van Roten was the starting center again, with Schlottman (pre puke) and Jimmy Morrissey rotating in.

• Tyrone Tracy had his second fumble of camp. Otherwise, has been impressive.

• Tyler Nubin split reps on the second-team defense. He planted Gunner Olszewski after he caught a slant.

• This was by far the long, most physical practice of camp. Lot more run plays during team periods than usual.

• Players who left with injuries: WR Isaiah McKenzie (hip/back), WR Bryce Ford-Wheaton (?), TE Jack Stoll (knee), OL Josh Ezeudu (?) and DL DJ Davidson (?).
2:30 PM · Aug 2, 2024
·
 Views
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

bamagiantfan

I've been following the Offensive line with the information provided here (thank you!) and from other sources and, well......it seems like it is still a mess, or maybe it isn't.

They have two veteran Giants playing
Six Free Agents signed in the off season, or earlier this week.
Two Undrafted Free Agents
Four players they signed off other teams' practice squads last year or the year before
And 3 others who are somewhat injured or on PUP, counting Ezeudu today.

Now if that weird mix isn't enough to make it hard to figure out how they are playing, they are going up against Burns, Thibodeaux, Lawrence and others that look like they are in midseason form already.

It is a good time for Detroit to be coming in. I don't know what I am seeing or reading on either side of the ball. It is early, and I'm not concerned yet, but it already feels like it will take some time before we see the O-line come together.

How does the O-Line look to your eyes?
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

AZGiantFan

I am encouraged that Daboll kept them out there as long as he did despite the conditions.  It reinforces my opinion that this is a tougher camp than last year's.  First mini-benchmark will be when the Lions come in for the joint practices and how it looks this year compared to last year.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Bob In PA

Move by Burns... about three people in the world can do that without falling down... I'm not one of them. lol

Moves by Nabers... if the OL gives him (and Jones) enough time, no one can guard him.

Good concentration by Hyatt on the TD that really wasn't (play would have been over in a real game).

Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Bob In PA

Quote from: AZGiantFan on August 02, 2024, 04:14:28 PMI am encouraged that Daboll kept them out there as long as he did despite the conditions.  It reinforces my opinion that this is a tougher camp than last year's.  First mini-benchmark will be when the Lions come in for the joint practices and how it looks this year compared to last year.

AZRich: Lions are a good team, so they'll likely present the Giants with a "reality check." Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

https://x.com/TheGiantTakePod/status/1820106621432762526

The Giant Take Podcast
@TheGiantTakePod
Starting Defense Today:

DT Dexter Lawrence
DT Ryder Anderson
EDGE Brian Burns
EDGE Kayvon Thibodeaux
LB Bobby Okereke
LB Isaiah Simmons
CB Dru Phillips
CB Deonte Banks
CB Cordale Flott
S Jason Pinnock
S Dane Belton

The Giant Take Podcast
@TheGiantTakePod
Starting Offense Today:

QB Daniel Jones
RB Devin Singletary
WR Malik Nabers
WR Wan'Dale Robinson
WR Jalin Hyatt
TE Daniel Bellinger
LT Andrew Thomas
LG Jon Runyon
C Greg Van Roten
RG Aaron Stinnie
RT Jermaine Eluemunor
10:02 AM · Aug 4, 2024
·
 Views
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Bellinger needs to catch that!...and Jones is locked on him the whole way!