News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Mojo’s Corner - 2024 Camp Reports

Started by MightyGiants, July 24, 2024, 10:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

I know this sounds weird but Okereke is so freaking underrated. I know many thought we over paid and shouldnt have overspent on one of the two guys Chicago scooped in FA last year. He was the second best Mike last season and just goes under the radar.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 05, 2024, 01:44:23 PM20)  Roten is getting a lot of snaps at center (not even sure he has taken any snaps at guard).  I have a feeling the Giants are less than excited with their backup centers

Or are they losing faith in Schmitz as the starter, since he has been unable to practice?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on August 05, 2024, 02:36:18 PMOr are they losing faith in Schmitz as the starter, since he has been unable to practice?

It's hard to say.  I will say this:  If your starting center goes down, wouldn't it be natural to slide your number two center in and give him the snaps? 

I suspect that they like Stinnie at guard better than they like Slotzman at center and are hoping they can go with Roten as the backup center with Stinnie backing him and the LG up on game day (not sure who the swing tackle will be, though)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

I feel this is the best line we have in a decade and that is wild saying.

Game day daboll is the daboll we need.

I also think we have really solid nickels in McCloud, Simmons, and Phillips. We need a CB2 desperately.

John Jiles being a ghost in camp until joints.

Chatman, owens, dyontae Johnson, miller, and Alex Johnson Likely make the team with ease.

Really nice to see our offense running game, and the Rbs actually get 4 or 5 yards a carry instead of -2. Feeling like they made the right choice.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 05, 2024, 03:01:55 PMI feel this is the best line we have in a decade and that is wild saying.

Game day daboll is the daboll we need.

I also think we have really solid nickels in McCloud, Simmons, and Phillips. We need a CB2 desperately.

John Jiles being a ghost in camp until joints.

Chatman, owens, dyontae Johnson, miller, and Alex Johnson Likely make the team with ease.

Really nice to see our offense running game, and the Rbs actually get 4 or 5 yards a carry instead of -2. Feeling like they made the right choice.

John Jiles has flashed those long arms and leaping ability today and in a couple of other practices.  I am liking the undrafted rookie's chances of making the PS
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE