News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Vikings game thread

Started by MightyGiants, September 08, 2024, 12:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT39

Clean house
Clean house
Clean house

Do it now. Who cares if you lose every game.

Get rid of anyone who made a personnel decision in the last decade

killarich

The fans need to start Devito chants so we don't see Lock

I want to see what he can do with the first string

umassgrad

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on September 08, 2024, 03:28:48 PMAlmost like a 0 star HS recruit who went to Duke drafted by a GM who was run out of the league shouldn't get 6 seasons to prove he's an average QB.
He's not average. D Jones should not be on an NFL roster.

spiderblue43

this is as bad, if not worse, to last years start. But that was against a better Cowboy team. Vikings are mediocre.

babywhales

"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: umassgrad on September 08, 2024, 03:30:06 PMHe's not average. D Jones should not be on an NFL roster.

I said prove he's average for a reason...

katkavage

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on September 08, 2024, 03:28:41 PMIf Nabers is what people say he is, you're gonna burn valuable rookie years with Jones at QB.

Honestly, how many more games will it take before people realise he wasn't worth the contract after the playoffs and certainly isn't worth it today.

You don't take a WR that high without a top QB on your roster.

AYM

Quote from: kingm56 on September 08, 2024, 03:19:09 PMI hear you, Jeff; however, I think we're going to have to go another week of this.  If the Commanders/Daniels outplay the Giants/DJ, I believe they will make a change.  In other news, I one true AP is having a great game. 

If we lose to the Commanders, I think the bottom falls out and the Panthers might be the only win we get.

And then we still won't have the #1 pick because the Panthers will go 0-17.

files58

AYM

Quote from: JT39 on September 08, 2024, 03:28:55 PMClean house
Clean house
Clean house

Do it now. Who cares if you lose every game.

Get rid of anyone who made a personnel decision in the last decade

This HAS to mean the Maras (and Tim McDonnell). John Mara is part of the reason Jones was resigned in the first place.

Trench

Quote from: killarich on September 08, 2024, 03:29:21 PMThe fans need to start Devito chants so we don't see Lock

I want to see what he can do with the first string

Agreed. Especially since the oline has been ok

DaveBrown74

Isn't Ryan Tannehill still out there? Carson Wentz?

I know you're not contending with either of these guys but unless they have injuries I don't know about they'd instantly be the best QB on our roster. Are we really going to just mindlessly piss away another season with this guy?

T200

Jones had decent protection on most of his snaps. Played poorly. No pressure on that last interception. He does not read defenses or has good field vision.

#1 Receiver - check
Solid protection - check
No more excuses - check
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

kingm56

Quote from: AYM on September 08, 2024, 03:31:50 PMIf we lose to the Commanders, I think the bottom falls out and the Panthers might be the only win we get.

And then we still won't have the #1 pick because the Panthers will go 0-17.

We don't need #1...a top 5 should do. 

killarich