News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Vikings game thread

Started by MightyGiants, September 08, 2024, 12:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babywhales

Quote from: T200 on September 08, 2024, 03:33:02 PMJones had decent protection on most of his snaps. Played poorly. No pressure on that last interception. He does not read defenses or has good field vision.

#1 Receiver - check
Solid protection - check
No more excuses - check
Can not read line of scrimmage pre snap
Can not read defense post snap
Tricked way too easily

Horrible
Just horrible
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Fletch

Good garbage time TD coming up

DaveBrown74

Quote from: killarich on September 08, 2024, 03:39:39 PMWhy  are we dumping it off the SIngleterry there ? Daboll do you not see the score and time ?

So we can pad the efficiency stat numbers and artificially make this calamity look a tiny bit less bad than it was.

No other reason.

uconnjack8

4th quarter yardage is going to make the offense look better on paper.  Absolute no show until Vikings D slowed it down.

Messiah717

Again, that playoff win was the worst thing to happen to this current regime. 

kingm56

Quote from: killarich on September 08, 2024, 03:39:39 PMWhy  are we dumping it off the SIngleterry there ? Daboll do you not see the score and time ?

It probably has something to do with the inability of his QB to throw the ball beyond 10 yards.  We're not winning this game...let DJ throw short passes to increase his confidence, vice forcing another throw for his third pick.  DJ's not Eli, he appears to have a very fragile psyche. 

babywhales

Quote from: Fletch on September 08, 2024, 03:37:49 PMThere is no  other good  QB on this team . This team was designed for Jones to have no pressure on his job. Lock and Devito both stink as starting level QBs.
Designed to succeed with jones or have a high enough draft pick they can obtain his replacement
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

DaveBrown74

We punted on 4th and 3 down 28-6 in the third quarter. Winning has not been the objective since halftime. This is about trying to put lipstick on a pig now.

BlueMoshik

Quote from: AYM on September 08, 2024, 03:31:50 PMIf we lose to the Commanders, I think the bottom falls out and the Panthers might be the only win we get.

And then we still won't have the #1 pick because the Panthers will go 0-17.
Don't sleep on the Bears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jclayton92

If you don't have a qb you really don't have anything as the league is currently constructed.

I'd take Kyler Murray or Derek Carr right now in a heartbeat.

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: MagicRat on September 08, 2024, 03:38:35 PMI dunno, Jones.........I dunno what the guy does in practice, I dunno what his potential was coming out from school, he has the physical tools, certainly, but whether we've "David Carr-ed" him or whether he never had it, who knows?
This early, I'm saying this is definitely his last season, that's a given, but where do we go beyond that?
Schoen and Daboll.....I'm really unsure.
Is Mara going to clean house again?
Has Mara given them a 4-13 pass to get ourselves a QB next time out?
That's two years in a row we've showed up clearly undercooked, seriously, completely and totally underprepared.
We look further away than ever from relevance,  after what I thought was some decent off-season business.
It's soul destroying.

His physical tools are nothing special. Slightly above average arm strength, good straight line runner but not elusive. Not nearly as accurate as people wanted to pretend, can't throw with touch (everything is a fastball), and doesn't come close to having it upstairs. At best, an average QB, but in most scenarios.. this.

kingm56

Quote from: babywhales on September 08, 2024, 03:42:05 PMDesigned to succeed with jones or have a high enough draft pick they can obtain his replacement

Exactly!  I think they were 90% sure of the latter. 

umassgrad

DJ stat padding time and we still can't score a TD Redfaced

AYM

Brian Flores is showing up Brian Daboll. Isn't that lawsuit still active, btw?

BlueMoshik

Brian Flores is really enjoying his revenge here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk