News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Vikings game thread

Started by MightyGiants, September 08, 2024, 12:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Woody on September 08, 2024, 03:14:45 PMFrom the uniforms to the same old bad play.  On both sides of ball...this has been a nightmare of a game.
Mara can't be happy.  Especially with the way Barkley played the other night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is Mara's golden boy laid bare in game 1. He deserves to see this and be embarrassed. His inability to be objective about an entirely flawed player at the most important position in sports because he looks and sounds the part (the least important parts of the equation) should consume him.

killarich

Not going for it was a coward move ... we are down 22 you idiot

kingm56

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 08, 2024, 03:16:45 PMI would not play Jones next week. I know they will but they really shouldn't. Blame it on his health to save face and not humiliate him if you must, but they can't do this again. It's outrageous. With DeVito you can at least have a low error game manager who can complete passes and give the D a shot to win the game. Jones cannot complete routine, easy passes to open guys 10 yards away with adequate, routine NFL level protection.

People will say "it is just week one", but that is kind of my point. How about not letting this snowball to 1-5, only then to concede that it's not working? How about trying something different BEFORE the snowball process ensues like it does just about every year for the last decade?

I hear you, Jeff; however, I think we're going to have to go another week of this.  If the Commanders/Daniels outplay the Giants/DJ, I believe they will make a change.  In other news, I one true AP is having a great game. 

killarich

expatriot

Jones stinks, has always stunk, and will stink into the future.  I really don't know how people can defend sorry, fundamentally unsound decision making, and execution year after year.  I am sure the excuses will be creative.

bobalobabingbong

Awesome that they got a interception there, but it's hard to be excited.  They won't do anything with it.  I hope I'm wrong.
- Dan

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

killarich

Does Daboll even give a sh** ? we are down 22 and we are moving like turtles

kingm56

Quote from: bobalobabingbong on September 08, 2024, 03:19:38 PMAwesome that they got a interception there, but it's hard to be excited.  They won't do anything with it.  I hope I'm wrong.

Hey, they can get a FG :)

jgrangers2

Are we even capable of throwing the ball more than 10 yards downfield? We have three burners in Nabers, Hyatt and Slayton yet can't come up with even one deep shot

killarich

We really did NOT TRY to score before the quarter ended ??

Daboll wtf are you even doing ?

Woody

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on September 08, 2024, 03:18:05 PMThis is Mara's golden boy laid bare in game 1. He deserves to see this and be embarrassed. His inability to be objective about an entirely flawed player at the most important position in sports because he looks and sounds the part (the least important parts of the equation) should consume him.
Not sure it's Mara's.   Shoen and Daboll are Jines guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingm56

Quote from: jgrangers2 on September 08, 2024, 03:21:41 PMAre we even capable of throwing the ball more than 10 yards downfield? We have three burners in Nabers, Hyatt and Slayton yet can't come up with even one deep shot

It's Kafka, I mean Daball's fault.   =))

babywhales

Quote from: JT39 on September 08, 2024, 03:08:29 PMThat play call is 1000000% on Daboll.

He has been an utter disaster going on 2 years.
What playbook exist for a qb as bad as jones
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

AYM

Quote from: killarich on September 08, 2024, 03:20:17 PMDoes Daboll even give a sh** ? we are down 22 and we are moving like turtles

He's turned into Joe Judge.

bobalobabingbong

- Dan

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."