News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Vikings game thread

Started by MightyGiants, September 08, 2024, 12:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woody

Or maybe the defender ran into Jones.   Line stills stinks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madbadger

Quote from: T200 on September 08, 2024, 03:57:05 PMJones ran into that last sack!

Of course he did. In addition to being visually challenged he also lacks any ability to feel what's going on around him.

Woody

This crappy play falls on HC.   Three years in and still not competitive?

madbadger

Quote from: Woody on September 08, 2024, 03:58:38 PMOr maybe the defender ran into Jones.  Line stills stinks

Go back a watch the play with a stopwatch. He had four seconds of protection on that play. I'm not blaming the offensive line because he can't go through his progression and get rid of the ball in less than four seconds. Almost every other team has a quarterback who does that routinely.

killarich

Quote from: Fletch on September 08, 2024, 03:48:28 PMWhat is the 2 game Eli treatment?

That worked a lot better in a losing season with a Davis Webb who never to that point played in an NFL game. It went all down hill when you played a 3rd team journeyman instead and lost to a bad Raiders team just the same.

What are you talking about ? Im talking about when we started 0-2 and Shurmur benched Eli for Jones

londonblue

Well, that sucked. Dex needs to stay on the field. Nabers and Dru Phillips had moments. Gano and Gillan were functional. Not much else positive to say.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Woody on September 08, 2024, 04:00:17 PMThis crappy play falls on HC.  Three years in and still not competitive?

Defense played fine and actually set offense up for success early. Complete collapse of QB play made this game unwinnable.

DaveBrown74

Sorry for the F word but this gave me a chuckle on an otherwise miserable afternoon:

https://x.com/super70ssports/status/1832856117992468734?s=46

Fletch

Quote from: killarich on September 08, 2024, 04:01:36 PMWhat are you talking about ? Im talking about when we started 0-2 and Shurmur benched Eli for Jones

I thought you were talking about Geno Smith. The difference is Eli didn't really play bad. And Eli played hard and they played to win. It almost seems to me like they still have the kids gloves treatment with Jones. This was still a ball game and they were still running the ball, bubble screens; no hurry , conservative play calls etc.

Hadron

Jones still stinks. Let the excuses fly!

Painter

Let's not discount the improvement. They scored 6 more and gave up 12 less than the opener last year. But still, I have to decide whether I should take the Under on 6 1/2 before it goes any lower.

Cheers!

uconnjack8

Really don't understand the criticism of the play calling.  There was an overwhelmingly positive reception to Daboll calling plays this year. 

Are we to think that both Kafka and Daboll are poor play callers because they "refuse" to throw it beyond 5 yards? 

Neither of them came from conservative systems, so why wouldn't they throw further down field?

They both must have become super conservative for some reason, just can't quite put my finger on it.

spiderblue43

if they get embarrassed by the Coms...its panic time, for sure, for the entire staff, brass. DJ was incredibly bad today ..but he wasn't sharp much in training camp, either. And he's way past his expiration date now.  :surrender:

Trench

Daboll needs to take some blame here for not playing starters in preseason

Woody

Watched post game show and coach/player interviews.....
1. Dabble is toast every question had the same answer...I will have to watch the film. when that's all a coach can say after a game then he has lost control .
2.I am not a big fan of Thibs ...he thinks he is a lot better than he is ..his answers to questions were....  they did what we thought they would !!!!!!!! well if you knew what they were going to do why didn't you defend it better?
got upset with a reporter and wouldn't answer his questions.
3. Jones said what he always says...I have to play better and we have to watch the film ..
I know it was first game ...but they were not prepared  to play, again ...
Giants have not won a home opener since 2010...