News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Everything COVID-19

Started by MightyGiants, July 11, 2020, 07:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim143

Also - regarding the reports of Florida Labs screwing up and "cooking the books". . . . .this is an eye opening comment from the inside. . . .

Sadly, all those reporting
"I'm just a nobody looking to stand in GOD's shadow" and try to live up to what is right and moral, I'm not Left or Right or any position, I believe in in the power of the holy spirit and prayer. I am not an angel, however I try to be as true to the rules of GOD and his son."

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jim143 on July 16, 2020, 09:48:26 AM
Also - regarding the reports of Florida Labs screwing up and "cooking the books". . . . .this is an eye opening comment from the inside. . . .

Sadly, all those reporting
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Can someone explain to me why Republican Brian Kemp decided this was a good idea and in the best interest of his state's citizens?!?! (Pardon the interrobang, but the sheer stupidity/callous disregard for life is beyond upsetting for me)

QuoteGeorgia governor bans cities from ordering people to wear face masks

Updated on: July 16, 2020 / 9:09 AM / CBS/AP

Georgia's Gov. Brian Kemp is explicitly banning Georgia's cities and counties from ordering people to wear masks in public places. He voided orders on Wednesday that at least 15 local governments across the state had adopted even though Kemp had earlier said cities and counties had no power to order masks during the coronavirus pandemic.

An increasing number of other states order residents to wear masks in public, including Alabama, which announced such a ban Wednesday.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ohio-veteran-who-refused-to-wear-a-mask-dies-of-coronavirus-complications/ar-BB16Pakn?ocid=anaheim-ntp-feeds

An Ohio Army veteran died of the coronavirus just two months after he publicly condemned the use of face masks in an online social media post.

The veteran, who served in the U.S. Army for nine years with two tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, was adamant about not wearing a face mask amid the pandemic, calling the precaution just part of the "hype" in an April 28 Facebook post.

"Let me make this clear. I'm not buying a f
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

I can't help but wonder how many other people he infected or possibly killed
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Quote from: jimv on July 16, 2020, 12:29:11 AM

C'mon, Lenny; I'm the Republican around here! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Jim

Compared to Bob, you are FAR RIGHT, but he is quickly chasing you.    /sarcasm/ /sarcasm/ /sarcasm/

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimmyz

Quote from: LennG on July 15, 2020, 12:39:17 PM
"The World Health Organization (WHO) was founded in 1948 as a special agency of the United Nations. With nearly two hundred member countries, the agency implements worldwide programs to prevent and eliminate disease. But the WHO
"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."

MightyGiants

Quote from: jimmyz on July 16, 2020, 12:47:31 PM

Says.....some liberal with an opinion.

and this is why the right works so hard to demonize liberals and try to paint them as the villains
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimmyz

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 16, 2020, 12:57:25 PM

and this is why the right works so hard to demonize liberals and try to paint them as the villains

The only demonizing I've seen around here is in the opposite direction. 
"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."

MightyGiants

Quote from: jimmyz on July 16, 2020, 01:03:48 PM

The only demonizing I've seen around here is in the opposite direction.

You are quite selective in what you choose to "see".  Bob has his NY Time thread attacking liberals and you just posted a thread from another anti-liberal liberal.  You don't need to see it, you actively participate in the smearing of liberals so you say "what do expect they are liberal" rather than deal with an issue based on fact and reason
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimmyz

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 16, 2020, 01:05:00 PM
You are quite selective in what you choose to "see".  Bob has his NY Time thread attacking liberals and you just posted a thread from another anti-liberal liberal.  You don't need to see it, you actively participate in the smearing of liberals so you say "what do expect they are liberal" rather than deal with an issue based on fact and reason

Sorry you feel that way.   :P

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimmyz

MightyGiants

Also acccording to WorldOmeter, the US (with many states still not reporting) has past the 140,000 death mark today  :(
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

What would you put on his gravestone?

I Guess I was Wrong
No Do Overs
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin