News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Mojo’s Corner - 2024 Camp Reports

Started by MightyGiants, July 24, 2024, 10:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Quote from: spiderblue43 on July 30, 2024, 09:03:40 AMThanks Mighty. Trying to keep up with Bobby and Justin, too. Our heroes look far more intense this year- whether it translates .hmmmm.

Thank goodness.  After last year's powder puff camp they could hardly be less intense.  Last year's camp is/was my biggest complaint about Daboll.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Gman329

Quote from: AZGiantFan on July 30, 2024, 04:05:15 PMThank goodness.  After last year's powder puff camp they could hardly be less intense.  Last year's camp is/was my biggest complaint about Daboll.

You think Dabs remembers 40-0? 

Philosophers

Quote from: Gman329 on July 31, 2024, 08:47:55 AMYou think Dabs remembers 40-0? 

Dabs seems lost to me.  Does not have a clear path under his feet.

Dumpster Dan

Quote from: Philosophers on July 31, 2024, 01:02:23 PMDabs seems lost to me.  Does not have a clear path under his feet.

Lost?  Really?   Do you think he is in over his head??

Dumpster Dan

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

andrew_nyGiants

Looking good Guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Dumpster Dan

Ed and Rich

Any sign of Van Roten getting any reps??

How about Theo??

2 and 3d    RB??

Dumpster Dan

Jclayton92

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on August 01, 2024, 12:50:23 PMEd and Rich

Any sign of Van Roten getting any reps??

How about Theo??

2 and 3d    RB??

Dumpster Dan
With Corbin injured I fully expect Tracy and Miller to take 2 and 3. I also think that if theo is healthy the TE depth chart is him, manhertz, cager, and bellinger 4th. I Think the staff soured on Gray and Bellinger.

MightyGiants

Training camp observations

1)  I give Neal a 10% chance of not starting the season on the PUP.  He is doing basic movement drills and has a compression sleeve on his leg which makes me think it's a knee added to the ankle.  Plus, I saw him try and splint and to my eyes, the left leg in the sleeve was slower than his right.

2)  DJ looked better. You will see a couple of long completions he threw.  I wasn't that impressed.  If Hyatt and Nabers hadn't beaten their man so badly the passes could/would of been broken up.  Hyatt has to really slow down to make his catch and Nabers had to stop

3)  TE Tyree Jackson is catching a lot of passes in camp.

4) TE Chris Manhertz ia jacked and according to Bobby Skinner is by far the best blocking TE in camp

5)  I think Bryce Ford-Wheton has a good chance to make the team.  The ST coordinator mentioned him in his presser, and he hasn't looked bad on the field (although he is running with the 2s and 3s).

6)  I think they are holding out Nabers from some first string snaps because they want to get the rest of the team involved.  otherwise, I think it would just be DJ playing catch with Nabers.

7)  Seeing Nabers lined up along side Hyatt on the same side of the field is likely to keep DCs awake

8)  There was an interesting punt drill where the returner was facing the wrong way until the coach signaled him to turn around. That made tracking and catching the punt more challenging.  Gunner handled the drill like a pro

9)  Gilliam continues to be feast or famine on his punts

10) I wonder if the Giants will keep a true backup center.   They had Van Roten taking snaps at center in the initial walkthrough before giving way to Slotsman.

11)  Looks like Runyan is being moved to RG as his new (and hopefully) final position on the line (Stinnie was filling in at guard until Van Roten is fully ready

12) Deyonte Johnson continues to impress at ILB.   McFadden has taken little to no snaps in camp (I heard he was hurt in the spring)

14)  Theo had a couple of nice catches.  Theo looks more graceful when I watch him in person.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE