News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Vikings game thread

Started by MightyGiants, September 08, 2024, 12:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

Question for Coach Daboll:

If you were afraid of injuries in preseason as the reason not to ply your starters, then why the ***k are your starters (especially Dex) in the game when the outcome is assured???...what's the difference?...if you tell me it's about being a pro then I'd ask, why aren't u in hurry up offense all day?

T200

Quote from: Gmo11 on September 08, 2024, 03:49:30 PMIf winning was the goal Lock would have started the 2nd half. This has to be Daboll making a point to whoever needs to see it that Jones is not good at this.
Lock is still hurt.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MagicRat

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on September 08, 2024, 03:43:35 PMHis physical tools are nothing special. Slightly above average arm strength, good straight line runner but not elusive. Not nearly as accurate as people wanted to pretend, can't throw with touch (everything is a fastball), and doesn't come close to having it upstairs. At best, an average QB, but in most scenarios.. this.
I just meant his pure physical tools in the sense of being 6 5 and, nominally, fast.
As you say, the speed hasn't remotely transitioned to shiftiness.
If his arm is big he's never showed that.
My point was, basically,  now he's done....whatever his one time upside was.
Smell my cheese you mother!

Woody

For all the hype.  There is no improvement in any area of the game for Giants.
Qb sucks
O line sucks
Defense worse than last year

And coaching is not good.

Facts are facts and unless things turn around in next couple of weeks...
Mara has to shake things up sooner than later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Trench on September 08, 2024, 03:49:55 PMQuestion for Coach Daboll:

If you were afraid of injuries in preseason as the reason not to ply your starters, then why the ***k are your starters (especially Dex) in the game when the outcome is assured???...what's the difference?...if you tell me it's about being a pro then I'd ask, why aren't u in hurry up offense all day?

"Because my QB can't run the offense at normal speed. Next question."

AYM

Quote from: T200 on September 08, 2024, 03:50:22 PMLock is still hurt.

Then DeVito should've been the #2 in this game.

kingm56

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on September 08, 2024, 03:51:09 PM"Because my QB can't run the offense at normal speed. Next question."

I wonder if we'll get lectured about how QBs (DJ) need support to be even average?  I'm betting we get this week off...

uconnjack8

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on September 08, 2024, 03:47:35 PM21 points is not terrible. And they have to play perfect because of the offense. Incredibly difficult task when 7 points is out of reach for the offense.

The offense gave up more points than they scored.

Defense has work to do but as you said 21 points is not awful.  Burns 4 tackles, one for loss and one pressure is disappointing.  The former #5 overall pick was completely invisible today aside from his penalties.  Not even a tackle in the box score.

StompYouOT

I wonder if this means no more stat comparison posts trying to show Jones has actually been on par with Eli?  I really enjoyed those and the remarkable levels of delusion people have.  This guy was never good, but the problems go all the way to the top. 

This is going to be a paper bag covering fans faces season.

T200

Quote from: AYM on September 08, 2024, 03:52:16 PMThen DeVito should've been the #2 in this game.
Lock could go if Jones was injured and couldn't play. They didn't want to use a roster spot for DeVito.

Woody

They getting demolished by a four man rush.   Line still stinks

Giantleap56

Brian Dabol should be fired for not having a playbook. What a crappy coach. Three time to the end zone and not a decent timing play. This coach is over his head and totally unprepared.

T200

Quote from: Woody on September 08, 2024, 03:55:14 PMThey getting demolished by a four man rush.   Line still stinks

Jones ran into that last sack!

madbadger

Quote from: katkavage on September 08, 2024, 03:47:03 PMFor the record, I wanted the Giants to hire Flores in 2022. He was a local guy who was a winning head coach in the NFL. Instead they choose the genius QB coach who made Josh Allen what he is today. And no head coaching experience. How you like that decision now?

The next Giants head coach has to be a guy who has been a successful head coach. At some point we have to stop the bleeding. Hiring wunderkins has gotten us into this mess. Give me Vrable, Belichek or Carroll over the next latest and greatest future ex-head coach.