News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Lets talk about the QBs in 2024 draft.

Started by brownelvis54, October 31, 2023, 12:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just_jimmy

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 05, 2023, 11:16:41 AMJimmy: Let's see how he does against Penn State and Ohio State first.

Both have good defenses that will put him under big-time pressure which IMO he hasn't yet had to deal with.

By the way, if I told you Giants would not pick a QB in 2024 because they don't like any of them enough to spend a high 1st-rounder, which college player would you want instead, using just the info you have today (or which position should their 1st-round pick play)?

Bob

Truthfully, if we're in a slot to get one, I'd be disappointed if we didn't go QB.  It's fine saying wait til next year but who guarantees we're in a position to get one then?

I guess, maybe, a WR if we got someone elite. Hard to be too excited by it when Jones is still stinking it up however.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Jclayton92

I'd draft a Qb every year until you get one. Nothing else really matters, you won't go anywhere without one.

Just_jimmy

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 05, 2023, 05:22:13 PMI'd draft a Qb every year until you get one. Nothing else really matters, you won't go anywhere without one.
That's essentially how I feel too. The best otherwise is game manager stuff and you're not winning with that when it counts.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

katkavage

14-0 with DeVito in. That could be insurmountable.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 05, 2023, 05:22:13 PMI'd draft a Qb every year until you get one. Nothing else really matters, you won't go anywhere without one.

Totally agree with this. I think you'll see more and more teams start to operate this way. Getting fixated on one guy and watching him suck for 4.5 years is just not a good model.

Dgoodmantrublu

Caleb has to score 50 in most games to be competitive. Some of the stuff I see people write about here seems nuts to me. He's an elite prospect.

uconnjack8

Why isn't Penix the #1 prospect?  Serious question.  Only seen him a couple of times and both times were impressive.  The physical talent is apparent. 

AYM

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 05, 2023, 07:29:04 PMCaleb has to score 50 in most games to be competitive. Some of the stuff I see people write about here seems nuts to me. He's an elite prospect.

I think we've possibly won too many games to get him anyway.

Dgoodmantrublu

Quote from: AYM on November 05, 2023, 07:44:34 PMI think we've possibly won too many games to get him anyway.

I don't think we win another. I think the teams ahead of us will. So who knows. I think we'll be bad enough to at least get Drake Maye.

shadowspinner0

We have such a weird fan base. Caleb Williams does nothing for most people and we're like the only fanbase who feels this way. I don't understand the "Caleb Williams sucks" by the fanbase yet always more impressed y Daniel Jones for some reason.

TDToomer

Quote from: shadowspinner0 on November 05, 2023, 07:52:11 PMWe have such a weird fan base. Caleb Williams does nothing for most people and we're like the only fanbase who feels this way. I don't understand the "Caleb Williams sucks" by the fanbase yet always more impressed y Daniel Jones for some reason.

Because Giants have low standards from the past decade of watching mediocrity. Not enough of us watch other games it seems where 3rd string QBs have no issues slinging the ball.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Dgoodmantrublu

Some on this site love DeVito, thought he was better than Tyrod and don't like Caleb Williams. One reason jumps right out at me. Hope I'm wrong about that reason. 

madbadger

Quote from: shadowspinner0 on November 05, 2023, 07:52:11 PMWe have such a weird fan base. Caleb Williams does nothing for most people and we're like the only fanbase who feels this way. I don't understand the "Caleb Williams sucks" by the fanbase yet always more impressed y Daniel Jones for some reason.

The same guys saying Caleb Williams sucks are the same ones who said CJ Stroud sucks last year and he's absolutely killing it this year. In fact he might end up having the best year any rookie quarterback ever has. 

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: madbadger on November 05, 2023, 08:38:20 PMThe same guys saying Caleb Williams sucks are the same ones who said CJ Stroud sucks last year and he's absolutely killing it this year. In fact he might end up having the best year any rookie quarterback ever has. 

And now it's, "Oh the Texans actually have a good OL and WRs." No. Not really. CJ Stroud is just elevating that roster. We have QB play that makes everyone else look like scrubs. Impossible to evaluate talent when there's no pocket presence and an inability to throw the ball beyond 5 yards.

Bob In PA

spinner: He doesn't suck. He is coming up "small" in big games and hasn't beaten a really good team this year. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!